#141) Advanced Greek Searches

Timothy Jenney

Advanced Greek Searches, podcast #141, is up and ready for viewing. Picking up where Basic Greek Searches ended, this podcast covers Searching and Amplifying to Greek Tools, Research in Greek, Search in, and a bit more about using Tags in Greek Searches.

Enjoy!

https://vimeo.com/168213861

• Like 4

Many thanks. I've not noticed all the shortcut key which are available till I saw the podcast.

Greetings

Fabian 

• Like 1

Dr. J

I cannot view this podcast (#141) because ITunes does not work...it needs quicktime...I am still running Mavericks OS...all the previous podcasts have worked....any suggestions???? ..when I go to the apple website it takes me to an OS upgrade..I only have 4 GB RAM.....I really don't want to upgrade my MAC OS..I am happy the current features

Thanks for your help

Frank

PS Do you  know any conversion programs that I can  get from the App store that will help!

Edited by fmcfee

I too got the error message "This movie requires Quicktime, which is not supported by this version of iTunes"

I have the latest version of iTunes (12.4.0.119), OS X 10.11.5

Tim--excellent podcast! I watched it via YouTube and my Amazon Fire Stick on my actual TV last night. Better than cable! (Which I don't have anyway.)

Seriously--great work, and really helpful examples.

• Like 1

Thanks, Abram!

Frank and Michael, I have no idea why the podcast is not playing in iTunes and requesting QuickTime. I did post the Vimeo link for this podcast, not the link to our server or iTunes. I wonder if the latest version of iTunes is now rejecting Vimeo casts?

Here's the link to the iTunes version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/141-advanced-greek-searches/id312752157?i=1000369510515&mt=2

Thanks, Abram!

Frank and Michael, I have no idea why the podcast is not playing in iTunes and requesting QuickTime. I did post the Vimeo link for this podcast, not the link to our server or iTunes. I wonder if the latest version of iTunes is now rejecting Vimeo casts?

Here's the link to the iTunes version: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/141-advanced-greek-searches/id312752157?i=1000369510515&mt=2

Dr. J

Thanks for your reply...I can't get anything to work on the MAC or Windows...see below for the MAC...I have already downloaded what Windows said to do..I had trouble with Podcast #140 and when I downloaded the recommended file for Windows 7...it did work...but not for this podcast.. .....thanks for trying to help

Frank

PS I was able to download a mp4 file directly from VIMEO....so I guess that will be how I get podcasts from now on so I assume ITUNES will not work with my operating systems

If QuickTime Player can‘t open an audio or video file

Older or specialized media formats might require different software. 

quicktime_logo.png

QuickTime Player (version 10) can create, play, edit, and share many media formats, including many that are no longer in common use. In OS X Mavericks and later, QuickTime Player converts certain older formats that it doesn't play back directly.

If QuickTime Player doesn't open your file, search the Mac App Store for a third-party media player that supports the format of your file. You can search using the format name or the filename extension (such as .avi.wmv or .mkv).

An earlier version of QuickTime Player is still available for the legacy formats and workflows that require it.

Information about products not manufactured by Apple, or independent websites not controlled or tested by Apple, is provided without recommendation or endorsement. Apple assumes no responsibility with regard to the selection, performance, or use of third-party websites or products. Apple makes no representations regarding third-party website accuracy or reliability. Risks are inherent in the use of the Internet. Contact the vendor for additional information. Other company and product names may be trademarks of their respective owners.

Last Modified:  Mar 21, 2016
Edited by fmcfee

Hell Tim 

I would love to see the tables about the Short-cut keys from the podcast in a future update of the Training Seminar Manual.

Greetings

Fabian

Very strange. The prior podcast on Basic Greek Searches works fine in iTunes, but the Advanced Greek Searches won't even download through iTunes.

Very strange. The prior podcast on Basic Greek Searches works fine in iTunes, but the Advanced Greek Searches won't even download through iTunes.

That is my experience as well. I viewed the podcast on Vimeo.

Just a note on the podcast contents: "Greek Tools" includes only those resources organized by the Greek alphabet (e.g. lexicons), in whichever Library folder they may reside (Greek Lexicons, Grammars, Greek Studies, or Dictionaries). 

There is definitely something wrong with podcast #141. I'm traveling today, but I'll look into this ASAP. In the meantime, the Vimeo and YouTube feeds appear to be working fine. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Any update on the status of this podcast?  It can be played from here and from Vimeo, but cannot be played from iTunes and will not download into iTunes on my Mac or directly onto my iPad.

Very good podcast, Dr. J.  Thanks!

Edited by Julie Falling

Any update on the status of this podcast?  It can be played from here and from Vimeo, but cannot be played from iTunes and will not download into iTunes on my Mac or directly onto my iPad.

Very good podcast, Dr. J.  Thanks!

Trying again to get it fixed today as I post #142. I'll report back within a couple of hours. 

• Like 1

Trying again to get it fixed today as I post #142. I'll report back within a couple of hours. 

It's odd that the previous podcasts present no difficulties.  I wonder if Apple changed something?  Thanks for looking into this, Rick.

I -think- I've solved the problem, but it can take a few minutes for iTunes to catch up with us. As soon as I know this one is correct, I'll release #142, which is on construct searches. However this new one can already be seen on Vimeo, YouTube and our blog. I'm just trying to make certain the iTunes situation is settled first. 

• Like 1

Thanks, Rick.  #141 is downloading – but there must be a whole bunch of us downloading – it's slow.  Not your fault or Accordance's fault.  Blame it on iTunes.  

Looking forward to #142.  I use the Construct search all the time but expect to learn more about it from Dr. J.

• Like 1