Word Study on iOS

Leopold Green

I took advantage of the 25% sale to get the complete 'Word Studies' bundle (it is as close to the 'original language' as I am likely to get) and I am surprised that having set it as my 'top' greek and hebrew resource on iOS that when I amplify a word in an english translation it goes to the default hebrew or greek dictionary and not to my new OT or NT dictionary - since iOS is where I do most of my study this really undermines the value of these resources...

what am I doing wrong?

if I am not doing anything wrong why isn't the 'top' resource in the greek or hebrew list of resources the one which amplify the key number goes to?

advice gratefully received

Leopold

I haven't used this particular resource, but I know that the ordering of the resources was important. if it is definitely already at the top, perhaps the word study resource isn't considered a dictionary?

I don't know - I am hoping someone from Accordance can weight in - since I can set these two resources as the 'triple click' resource on the desktop version it is odd if they aren't seen as dictionaries on iOS. If they have to be searched manually on iOS by copying the strongs number and going into the main search window losing place in text etc then it largely makes them worthless on iOS which rather defeats the purpose

anyone help with what I am doing wrong?

I think that on the Mobile when you Amplify from key number it goes to the Key number dictionary, but then you can select the original word and Amplify and it will go to your top dictionary. It's quite simple, just one extra step. I am sure there are reasons why it has been implemented in this way.

Hi Helen

thanks Helen... yes if I select the Hebrew word (in the Hebrew script) in the K/M dictionary that comes up when I amplify the key number it opens the OT Word Study guide... I still would prefer the option of having it amplify to either my top H/G resource or to set it to which dictionary I want it to go to (as you can on the desktop) - is that something which could be considered in a future upgrade?

Thanks!

If I understand the problem right, then the Mobile version has the same behavior like the big one. There it goes with the triple-click also to the "Key" resource. And you have to press "Shift" to go to the "Word" resource.

Greetings

Fabian

Not sure I understand Fabian - in the desktop app you can set the OT or NT word dictionary for the triple click settings in the amplify preferences and you can also override the default key number dictionaries and set different ones including the OT and NT Word Study dictionaries - this means they are the ones that get used... I was asking if you could have the same thing on iOS so that when you select an English word in a translation and you get the little pop up instant details window when you then select amplify>key number it goes to the dictionary you specify and not the default K/M dictionary - since many people will have more detailed dictionaries surely it is better if they can be used without the additional step Helen has described?