11.2.1 Search text/Display text Problem

Randy Steffens Jr

I have the preferences >"search tabs" > "always display search test pane" box unchecked, so that the Search text, and Display text menus can be changed independent of one another.  The problem I'm having is that after inputting some verse in the search bar, (say John 1) when I then change the display text, I am taken to other weird places in the Bible, usually to the last verse of Rev.

I'm running 11.2.1, ElCapitan 10.11.5, on a Macbook Air 11", 2014.

Thanks,

Randy

This bug has been reported in various posts. I think that if you slide your context to 0 it won't happen, but in any case we certainly hope to fix it for the next rev. It occurred due to a last minute fix of the Missing Verses feature which was very tricky to implement.

Dear Helen,

After updating to 11.2.1, I experience a similar problem, as far as I can see only in Sirach Göttingen: I am either taken to another place or it does not work at all. But when I try to follow your advice to slide the context to 0, accordance freezes, as it does frequently when I try to scroll the text, as well.

That this occurred in mostly Sirach might be due to the "Missing verses", as you explained it. Can you recommend what to do? At the moment it is almost impossible to work with this module.

Thanks and best wishes,

Boni

Boni:

It's not clear what you did nor what you encountered. Please post or send more details, screenshots, etc.