הִנֵּה־נָא how it is difficult to highlight yon א !

Enoch

הִנֵּה־נָא  (good preface for this bug report)

I have continuous trouble highlighting Hebrew words; typically it requires more than one pass, with letters being omitted in the highlight.

I was trying to highlight that two word combination which starts entry 4b in BDB on the head word נָא.

I tried repeatedly to highlight in blue the 4b entry = הִנֵּה־נָא, but kept having a problem doing it.

The highlighting continuously would not highlight the alef, despite many attempts, both in combination with other letters & by itself.  I was left with a highlight

which highlighted the combination leaving alef unhighlighted.  After many attempts, finally I only was able to get it highlighted by highlighting both that combination and the following English word after it as a whole.  Then I was able to highlight the English word by itself & change its color to pink, leaving the Hebrew preceding all in blue.

הִנֵּה־נָא, would it be possible to fix the Hebrew highlighting system?

Then we can sing, הִנֵּה־נָא טּוֹב וּמַה־נָּעִים

I've found that the easiest way to highlight Hebrew text, particularly in lexicons, is to click in front of the word, then hold down the shift key and click at the end of the word. I was easily able to highlight the word in question using this technique.

Edited by Mark Allison
  • Like 3

Yes, that's how I do it, too.

I've found that the easiest way to highlight Hebrew text, particularly in lexicons, is to click in front of the word, then hold down the shift key and click at the end of the word. I was easily able to highlight the word in question using this technique.

Thanks, I didn't know you could highlight that way without dragging the cursor over the text.   I tried it, & ( הִנֵּה־נָא )it worked!

Edited by Enoch
  • Like 3