Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 22 June 2016 - 11:11 AM

Hello 

Very, very, very cool to see the Chinese Bibles with Strong's in Accordance.

Unfortunately in the Dynamic Interlinear the Chinese characters fails.

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-22 um 18.02.51.png   234.44KB   0 downloads

Or do we have to change the standard font for Chinese? If so then it would be good in the description of the shop like for the Ethiopic OT.

Greetings

Fabian

• Timothy Jenney likes this

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with SuperRetina OLED, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.1

Accordance 12.1.5 and waiting on 13 (on iPad Pro with 3D touch)

iPhone X 256GB

iOS 11.1.1

Accordance Mobile 2.5.6.8946

#2 Mutien Chen

Mutien Chen

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 02:37 AM

Superb!
  • Timothy Jenney likes this

#3 Joel Brown

Joel Brown

Administrator

• Admin
  • 4,851 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:17 AM

This will be fixed in 11.2.2.  Thanks for the report!

• Fabian likes this
Joel Brown

By day: Consultant for Oaktree
By night: Freelance Trombonist and Private Instructor

#4 Mutien Chen

Mutien Chen

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 07:02 PM

I just can't imagine the Chinese bible with strong's now is available in accordance. Thanks for working on this invaluable work especially for the missioners working in Chinese speaking areas. Thanks for all your effort.

One thing I found the CUVS problem could be improved is each strong number tagged on only one Chinese character of one word no mater the word is constructed by one or two or three Chinese characters. If a word is constructed by two or more characters, most of time the tagged character meaning is totally different as it shows (strong number) in instant detail. For example what I attached, based on Gen 4:1, 子 is tagged as H0802, which showed the meaning in instant detail is woman, however, "妻子" should be linked together to mean woman. The meaning of 子 is "son". Another example is, “該隱" means Cain, but the tagged info is only on "隱" shows the meaning of "隱" is Cain which means hide or shadow. 

No matter what, this is a huge step for Accordance and I would highly recommend people serves among Chinese speaking people considering using Accordance.

Attached Files

• Attached File  son.jpg   277.75KB   0 downloads

Edited by Mutien Chen, 23 June 2016 - 07:02 PM.

#5 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 10,671 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:21 PM

Our beta testers pointed this out, but there is no easy solution as Accordance treats each ideogram as a word (the "words" are not defined in the database), and the numbers in the database we got are only attached to the last ideogram.

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#6 Mutien Chen

Mutien Chen

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:37 PM

Thanks Helen, I totally understand this and it will be an another huge work to attached the numbers on the "words".

I would like to give a hand to attach the numbers on words if it's not too hard which I don't know much about coding. Hopefully if there are more people working on it might be easier. 

#7 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:48 AM

I just can't imagine the Chinese bible with strong's now is available in accordance. Thanks for working on this invaluable work especially for the missioners working in Chinese speaking areas. Thanks for all your effort.

One thing I found the CUVS problem could be improved is each strong number tagged on only one Chinese character of one word no mater the word is constructed by one or two or three Chinese characters. If a word is constructed by two or more characters, most of time the tagged character meaning is totally different as it shows (strong number) in instant detail. For example what I attached, based on Gen 4:1, 子 is tagged as H0802, which showed the meaning in instant detail is woman, however, "妻子" should be linked together to mean woman. The meaning of 子 is "son". Another example is, “該隱" means Cain, but the tagged info is only on "隱" shows the meaning of "隱" is Cain which means hide or shadow. 

No matter what, this is a huge step for Accordance and I would highly recommend people serves among Chinese speaking people considering using Accordance.

Maybe 

One or two from the Chinese people, had the time and the possibility to tag the Chinese Bibles, more accurate.

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with SuperRetina OLED, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

iPhone X 256GB

iOS 11.1.1

#8 Mutien Chen

Mutien Chen

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:29 AM

If we don't expect too high, maybe it can be started from a easier book. let's say Jude? or 3 John.

If it can't be finished, at least we have some books are more accurate.

#9 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 556 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:27 AM

One or two from the Chinese people, had the time and the possibility to tag the Chinese Bibles, more accurate.

The tagging issue would probably be solved by accurate segmentation. Segmentation is not something you would typically do manually these days. These days, Chinese character segmentation is achieved in software with a 99.9% accuracy. (A programmer with some basic Chinese, some basic study in Chinese segmentation, and a free online Chinese dictionary can achieve 98% accuracy)

98% and 99.9% accuracy might sound bad, some words are still inaccurate right?  Well treating each character as a word is so much more inaccurate.  Ideally you would still have a native Chinese reader proof read the results of the segmentation, but it would save a lot of time.

See: http://www.lrec-conf...pdf/237_pdf.pdfPage 383

Edited by Ιακοβ, 24 June 2016 - 06:14 AM.

• Mutien Chen likes this

#10 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 05:37 AM

I don't know. Maybe this bug is also killed in 11.2.2

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-24 um 12.34.38.png   306.91KB   1 downloads

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

iPhone X 256GB

iOS 11.1.1

#11 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 30 June 2016 - 03:39 PM

Better in 11.2.2 but not perfect.

Attached File  Bildschirmfoto 2016-06-30 um 22.36.33.png   15.14KB   0 downloads

Greetings

Fabian

Greetings

Fabian

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

iPhone X 256GB

iOS 11.1.1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Chinese, Bibles, Strongs

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users