Chinese Bibles with Strong's

Fabian

Hello 

Very, very, very cool to see the Chinese Bibles with Strong's in Accordance.

Unfortunately in the Dynamic Interlinear the Chinese characters fails.

post-32723-0-00519500-1466611895_thumb.png

Or do we have to change the standard font for Chinese? If so then it would be good in the description of the shop like for the Ethiopic OT.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

This will be fixed in 11.2.2.  Thanks for the report!

• Like 2

I just can't imagine the Chinese bible with strong's now is available in accordance. Thanks for working on this invaluable work especially for the missioners working in Chinese speaking areas. Thanks for all your effort.

One thing I found the CUVS problem could be improved is each strong number tagged on only one Chinese character of one word no mater the word is constructed by one or two or three Chinese characters. If a word is constructed by two or more characters, most of time the tagged character meaning is totally different as it shows (strong number) in instant detail. For example what I attached, based on Gen 4:1, 子 is tagged as H0802, which showed the meaning in instant detail is woman, however, "妻子" should be linked together to mean woman. The meaning of 子 is "son". Another example is, “該隱" means Cain, but the tagged info is only on "隱" shows the meaning of "隱" is Cain which means hide or shadow. 

No matter what, this is a huge step for Accordance and I would highly recommend people serves among Chinese speaking people considering using Accordance.

post-31710-0-07291600-1466726554_thumb.jpg

Edited by Mutien Chen
  • Like 1

Our beta testers pointed this out, but there is no easy solution as Accordance treats each ideogram as a word (the "words" are not defined in the database), and the numbers in the database we got are only attached to the last ideogram.

Thanks Helen, I totally understand this and it will be an another huge work to attached the numbers on the "words".

I would like to give a hand to attach the numbers on words if it's not too hard which I don't know much about coding. Hopefully if there are more people working on it might be easier. 

I just can't imagine the Chinese bible with strong's now is available in accordance. Thanks for working on this invaluable work especially for the missioners working in Chinese speaking areas. Thanks for all your effort.

One thing I found the CUVS problem could be improved is each strong number tagged on only one Chinese character of one word no mater the word is constructed by one or two or three Chinese characters. If a word is constructed by two or more characters, most of time the tagged character meaning is totally different as it shows (strong number) in instant detail. For example what I attached, based on Gen 4:1, 子 is tagged as H0802, which showed the meaning in instant detail is woman, however, "妻子" should be linked together to mean woman. The meaning of 子 is "son". Another example is, “該隱" means Cain, but the tagged info is only on "隱" shows the meaning of "隱" is Cain which means hide or shadow. 

No matter what, this is a huge step for Accordance and I would highly recommend people serves among Chinese speaking people considering using Accordance.

Maybe 

One or two from the Chinese people, had the time and the possibility to tag the Chinese Bibles, more accurate.

Greetings

Fabian

If we don't expect too high, maybe it can be started from a easier book. let's say Jude? or 3 John.

If it can't be finished, at least we have some books are more accurate.

One or two from the Chinese people, had the time and the possibility to tag the Chinese Bibles, more accurate.

The tagging issue would probably be solved by accurate segmentation. Segmentation is not something you would typically do manually these days. These days, Chinese character segmentation is achieved in software with a 99.9% accuracy. (A programmer with some basic Chinese, some basic study in Chinese segmentation, and a free online Chinese dictionary can achieve 98% accuracy)

98% and 99.9% accuracy might sound bad, some words are still inaccurate right?  Well treating each character as a word is so much more inaccurate.  Ideally you would still have a native Chinese reader proof read the results of the segmentation, but it would save a lot of time.

See: http://www.lrec-conf.org/proceedings/lrec2006/pdf/237_pdf.pdfPage 383

Edited by Ιακοβ
  • Like 1

I don't know. Maybe this bug is also killed in 11.2.2

post-32723-0-76907300-1466764643_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

Better in 11.2.2 but not perfect.

post-32723-0-82389600-1467319129_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

• 1 year later...

With the new Modul updates (yesterday or today):

The Chinese looks good (I can't Chinese), but now the Greek and Hebrew is corrupt.

post-32723-0-12868500-1520538001_thumb.png

Accordance 12.2.4

Greetings

Fabian

Hello Mutien if you now go to the interlinear you'll see a Chinese words with a -- under it. I can't Chinese but I found out this are wrong tagging. So in the case from the image, there is no H3240 in Zech 5,11. This happens in another places too.

Maybe you are willing to send corrections, for the two Chinese Bibles with Strongs. Or the HMT-W4 is wrong Keyword tagged. This is also possible and I found some in the NA28. 

post-32723-0-15565800-1520539170_thumb.png

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

• 4 months later...

Hi guys, as a Chinese, I'd like to say that most of the tags are wrong as the original post points out. Since there are too many, simply sending corrections might not be helpful. But I do appreciate Accordance tried to do this work for the Chinese users. I don't mind contributing to this work with some short books first.

• Like 2

Thats great. I recommend doing it algorithmically first using code, then getting someone who can actually read Chinese to check for errors. There is not much point doing this manually, as I said earlier, its easy to write code to get Chinese text properly segmented to as much as 98% accuracy with little effort. (I have seen some research papers that demonstrate how to get to 99.9% quite accurately).

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

Hi All,

May I know how's the progress in the code writing to get the Chinese text properly segmented? Anything we as Chinese users can help out? 

• Like 1