Interlinear in one column and several translations in one other column?

EricC

Is it possible to display an interlinear horizontally in one column and then "stack" several versions vertically one on top of the other in one other column?

I've got this (a separate column for each translation):
post-3736-0-75708200-1467007286_thumb.png

Something like this is what I want (stacked translations in one column; it's sloppy since I just pasted together screenshots):
post-3736-0-77461200-1467007310_thumb.png

Eric,

is this what you want?

post-31077-0-39849100-1467008807_thumb.png

If so, open your Hebrew text; then open one English text from the Library; drag English text tab to create its own space; then add parallel English texts; then you can click on the vertical/horizontal button (red arrow).

Hope that helps.

Edited by accord
  • Like 1

Thank you, Accord!

I finally got it to work as you said, although I never could get the existing workspace to do it. Started a new one and got it. I guess the key is the "drag English text tab to create its own space." Thanks for that tip. 

Eric

Edit: Ahh, now I see the catch: unless I'm missing something, now they don't all sync. I have to manually tell each "space" to go to a given verse. But at least it saves screen real estate and is usable.

Edited by EricC

Thank you, Accord!

I finally got it to work as you said, although I never could get the existing workspace to do it. Started a new one and got it. I guess the key is the "drag English text tab to create its own space." Thanks for that tip. 

Eric

Edit: Ahh, now I see the catch: unless I'm missing something, now they don't all sync. I have to manually tell each "space" to go to a given verse. But at least it saves screen real estate and is usable.

Great!  "space" = "zone"  zone is the word I just could not remember for the description.  

for the text to sync use "tab ties" found by: see screenshot

post-31077-0-74518600-1467014270_thumb.png

• Like 1

It just gets better and better! I didn't know about Tab Ties. It works great.

Thank you!

Eric

Edited by EricC