Login in Accordance windows in Mainland China?

gmefmax@gmail.com

Hi there,

I purchased accordance version 11 and it works fine for me until I have it installed it on a windows machine.

I think nobody outside of China would have this problem, but it seems that accordance's login verification server is currently blocked in China.

I have VPN setup for my IOS and Mac but it seems my VPN app Lantern on windows does not work with accordance.

Here is my question, how can I use Accordance on windows without login in Accordance windows app? Or how can I setup Accordance to work with VPN app like lantern in order to login? Does Accordance on windows have a proxy option so I can direct the traffic on the windows app to the VPN app?

I am typing this on my mac machine with lantern enabled, without this Accordancebible.com is unaccessible in China.

Cheers,

JT

Edited by gmefmax@gmail.com

JT, a few questions:

Can you go to www.accordancebible.com on your Windows machine using Lantern from a browser--or is that not functioning either?

If I prepared a special debugging version of the program that would write out log files, can you download that special version from a Dropbox link if I sent you one? (If not Dropbox, what might work for you?)

And would you be able to send back the log file so I can go through it? (I would tell you where the log file would be created.)

And if we got that debug / log route, the debug / log file exchanges might require a few iterations to zero in on the problem, just so you know that might play out that way.

Let me know and we'll see where we go from here.

Thank you Scott,

Can you go to www.accordancebible.com on your Windows machine using Lantern from a browser--or is that not functioning either?

Yes, I can visit www.accordancebible.com while Lantern is running in the background with browsers like: firefox, IE and Chorme.

If I prepared a special debugging version of the program that would write out log files, can you download that special version from a Dropbox link if I sent you one? (If not Dropbox, what might work for you?)

Yes, I use dropbox for all my works, Please send me a dropbox link.

And would you be able to send back the log file so I can go through it? (I would tell you where the log file would be created.)

Sure.

And if we got that debug / log route, the debug / log file exchanges might require a few iterations to zero in on the problem, just so you know that might play out that way.

Sure, I will do my best.

By the way, this way of communication on the forum might be less effective for debugging purpose, what about using other platform like slack or just email communication?

Great. Very helpful.

I'll send you a PM on this forum with an email address for me directly.