Problem: Accordance 7.4 on Intel iMac with Leopard

kmunoz

As the title says, I'm running Leopard on an Intel iMac. I had Accordance 7.3 running just fine, but this morning I updated to 7.4.

The first time I installed, I ended up with an Accordance application that had a "NO" sign through it: it said it couldn't run under the Intel architecture. I then removed the Accordance application (but nothing else) and reinstalled 7.4. The second time, it didn't install anything - although it went through all the right motions as if it were installing something (even asking me for the serial number again).

Then, I archived the Accordance folder and removed it from the hard drive. Tried installing 7.4 again. It went through all the motions of installation, said it was completed... and I still don't have an Accordance folder. Because my first install over-wrote the 7.3 I had before, I now no longer have a functioning Accordance program.

Edit to add: I should mention that the widgets do get installed (to the Desktop). Nothing else, though, as far as I can tell.

Never mind, I just feel dumb now.

It installed to the root, not to the Applications folder (which, regardless, is a Really Bad Idea).

Actually, we always install to the Root, but you just need to select the drive, and Accordance should find your Accordance folder.

Actually, we always install to the Root, but you just need to select the drive, and Accordance should find your Accordance folder.

Helen, I am having the same trouble in Leopard. I installed 7.4 and the icon appears with a closed circle symbol appears and I get a message saying that the program is "not supported by this architecture". It is strange, since it appeared to work for a moment, but has not since. I reinstalled the update to no avail. What do I do?

Which installer were you using?

I used the 7.4 installer which I downloaded from the site last night.

What happens if you get info on the Accordance 7.4? Actually I meant to ask exactly which file did you download, there are several of them on the website.

Helen,

Now, after a few restarts of the program, I am getting it to open consistently and it seems to be running ok. Here's a screenshot of the 'get info' panel. Notice the icon, however.

Ryan

Acc7.4info.tiff

Well, I am glad you got it to run, but have no idea why the icon is like that because the info looks OK otherwise. Do you have any other PowerPC apps that would be needing Rosetta?

Mine is doing the exact same thing. Any help? This program is crucial for me.

Exactly what is yours doing? Several problems are posted here, and most people have installed and are running 7.4 successfully on Leopard.

Archived