Using Ancient Christian Devotional as a Devotional on Mac

Michael Hunt

I know that there has been an ongoing issue with the Ancient Christian Devotional on Mac displaying the correct entry for the upcoming lectionary reading/date. My hope had been that recent updates might led to users having a better experience with the module and experience the additional benefits of running this resource under Accordance. Unfortunately there are still some minor issues that I was wondering if it was possible to address. (I am running the latest version of Accordance 11.2.2)

I have attached the following two screenshots to illustrate that:

1. When I open the Ancient Christian Devotional using the Daily Reading icon on the toolbar I get the correct entry for the upcoming Sunday but the incorrect year. Adding to the search the option to search on the filed page number and adding C for Year C (the current lectionary year) gets me to the right entry. (I picked up this way of navigating to the right entry from a previous way the Daily Reading Icon worked with ACD in an earlier Accordance version).

2. While slightly pedantic I have noticed that the underline also appears to drop a pixel causing the line to look wonky. I'm looking at it on a non retina Mac Book Pro and don't have access to a retina machine to compare. 

The ACD is not a pure lectionary resource in that it only contains 52 weekly entries so I understand that it is a bit harder to program 100% accuracy. I would however like to see at least the right year be pulled up :-)

P.S. My thanks goes to all the Accordance developers and staff who work tirelessly on making Accordance such great product.

post-33308-0-06286600-1467279257_thumb.png

post-33308-0-35235100-1467336348_thumb.png

While beta testing the new lectionary feature I noticed (and evidently I was the first!) that ACD was not going to the correct year. I thought we had a fix already in for this, but it might have not made it in yet. We'll follow up.

Thanks for the feedback.

• Like 1