• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 fmcfee

fmcfee

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study...I am an active member of KI (Chuck Missler ) and seek to understand and apply the Bible to my life...I bought Accordance to help with my original language studies..I would like to be able to understand what the writers meant to say (I realize there are multiple meanings in the same verses)..not just depend on a translation...
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 05 July 2016 - 04:33 PM

Hi,

I have been trying to import html file into Accordance tools (I have tried new, existing tools, etc)...I am running  11.2.2....it appears to work but nothing happens...no data is imported...I have reduced the size of the file to see if that works....Nothing works when trying to import html files on  my MAC or Windows 7 PC...it "hangs up " just trying to search for the html file....I have done this in previous versions (I can't remember when 7/2015???)....so any suggestions....Accordance just stops working....I have created user tools by copying and pasting...but it messes the format up...so I am trying to use html....the file pens fine using Safari or Mozilla....

Thanks for your assistance..

Frank

#2 Steve King

Steve King

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 07 July 2016 - 10:19 AM

Hi Frank,

I tried importing an HTML file as a test and it did import. However Accordance did hang after import and I eventually had to force quit Accordance. When I restarted Accordance the imported tool was available. I am running 11.2.2

Steve King Running Accordance 11.2.2 on:

Mac 10.11.5 (El Capitan), mid-2010 Macbook Pro, 4Gb RAM

IOS 9 (iPad 2 and iPhone 6)

#3 fmcfee

fmcfee

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 173 posts
  • Interests:Bible Study...I am an active member of KI (Chuck Missler ) and seek to understand and apply the Bible to my life...I bought Accordance to help with my original language studies..I would like to be able to understand what the writers meant to say (I realize there are multiple meanings in the same verses)..not just depend on a translation...
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows

Posted 07 July 2016 - 12:21 PM

Hi Frank,

I tried importing an HTML file as a test and it did import. However Accordance did hang after import and I eventually had to force quit Accordance. When I restarted Accordance the imported tool was available. I am running 11.2.2

Steve,

Thanks for your reply...how big was your file?.....I tried everything including looking at the file after importing...I reduced my file size to 41 kB...I am running 10.9.5 OS on my MAC......the html file was saved into Safari...how did you do your import...import into a new user tool or create a tool and then import...I tried both with no sucess...Accordance gets hung up just searching for the file which I have on my desktop..

Still confused over this

Frank

Edited by fmcfee, 07 July 2016 - 12:26 PM.

#4 Fabian

Fabian

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 01:08 PM

Hi Frank,

Me too, but how I wrote in another post. The Automatic Link didn't work correct too.

Greetings

Fabian

Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with Retina, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

El Capitan 10.11.6

Accordance 11.2.3 and waiting on 12 (on iPad Pro with 3D touch)

iPhone 4S

iOS 9.3.3

Accordance Mobile 2.3.3

#5 Steve King

Steve King

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 01:51 AM

Steve,

Thanks for your reply...how big was your file?.....I tried everything including looking at the file after importing...I reduced my file size to 41 kB...I am running 10.9.5 OS on my MAC......the html file was saved into Safari...how did you do your import...import into a new user tool or create a tool and then import...I tried both with no sucess...Accordance gets hung up just searching for the file which I have on my desktop..

Still confused over this

Frank

I had an existing file in Word which was about 150kb. I converted that to HTM in Word then imported it into a new user tool. I too am running on a MAC but at 10.11.5 (El Capitan)

Steve

Steve King Running Accordance 11.2.2 on:

Mac 10.11.5 (El Capitan), mid-2010 Macbook Pro, 4Gb RAM

IOS 9 (iPad 2 and iPhone 6)

#6 Garrett

Garrett

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:27 AM

My user tool imports show up completely blank in 11.2.4b1.

Your trusty shellback in Christ.

swo.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users