Streamline Preferences/User Notes Display and Preferences/User Files

Abram K-J

I know from experience to make sure I've looked in both "User Notes Display" and "User Files" in Preferences to customize my User Notes, but could the two be consolidated into one for the sake of simplicity? For just one example, under "User Files" there is "Hide Add User Note pencil," which I would have more expected under "User Notes Display." 

Agreed, and the Export Preferences, but they will have to wait for a major new version.

Abram, if it helps, consider 'User Notes Display' analogous to 'Text Display' - the global version of the Cmd-T text display settings.  Hiding the pencil doesn't affect the rendering of the text, which is why it is under User Files.

Yes, that helps, but the "Text display" section in "User Notes Display" is greyed out and not able to be adjusted.

You can only adjust that if set to Standardize the display. Otherwise it will use the font choices specified in each note.

So does the font selection in "Settings for User Files" (Preferences/User Files) not override that, then?

That font selection is for the default editing choice when typing.