Accordance Crashing with Mac OS 10.12 Beta (16A238m)

Lester P. Bagley

I second that! Accordance appears to crash when scrolling hits a image or the like. I can scroll through texts just fine, but when I approach an image--crash. 

• 2 weeks later...

Has anyone tried the latest beta with Sierra with today's update to Accordance?  Accordance crashed a lot in public beta 2 of Sierra.  Just curious of anything has changed.

Has anyone tried the latest beta with Sierra with today's update to Accordance?  Accordance crashed a lot in public beta 2 of Sierra.  Just curious of anything has changed.

The crash is still there but more often than not does not give a crash log now (latest versions of both Accordance Aleph and 10.12).

Mine still crashes at Easy Install, and when I scroll through a module with images. 

Mine still crashes at Easy Install, and when I scroll through a module with images. 

Yes, mine also crashes (still) when running Easy Install.

Having said that, there is still a LOT of instability and missing function from 10.12. Translation: We need to be patient with both Apple and Accordance  :D  But it is still going to be helpful to developers of both to let them know, note problems and send crash logs (when they are produced).

• 3 weeks later...

I just installed the Public Beta a few days ago and haven't been able to use Accordance at all.  It either crashes on start, or just a minute into use after it loads.

Yes, this is a bug in MacOS 10.12 that has been reported to Apple.

I went back to El Capitan after using the public beta of Sierra for a few weeks.  Sierra is nice.  I rarely used Siri.  Unlocking with Apple Watch was nice when the feature worked.  No hurry to put Sierra back on my Mac until Apple fixes the bugs causing all the problems with Accordance.

September seems to be the month for new iPhone.  I am hearing October now for the new Macbook Pro line.  I am now wondering if we will iOS 10 in September and Sierra in October. 

I tried starting Accordance in Safe Mode, and several other options which didn't work.  Ended up re-installing Accordance, and still can't get it to work.

Just updated to Version 4 of the Public Beta and it makes no difference.  Accordance keeps crashing.  Tried re-install and everything.  Very thankful for the iOS version so I still have access to most of my library!

dwhunter, running beta software always has its risks.  Apple has introduced a crash in the macOS Sierra beta when loading images, the Atlas, or Easy Install (surprisingly, all the same crash!).  We've reported the crash to them, but until they fix it, you won't be able to use any of these aspects of Accordance.

As always, it is strongly advised never to do important work on a beta version of software, whether Apple's, Accordance's, or otherwise!

Thanks Joel.  I figured there was something like.  I just thought developers, who received beta's before the beta's went public, would have found work-arounds for known issues.  I didn't understand the process, so I'll know for next time!

Joel, any updates?  Apple has updated the OS Sierra beta, but Accordance still crashes.  I uninstalled and reinstalled hoping that would help, but now I'm stuck without any content because of the Easy Install problem.  I still understand that from your viewpoint I assumed a risk by using beta software; however, I also know that Accordance as developers would have had access to this before the beta went public.  So there are several of us who are unable to use a couple of thousand dollars worth of resources on our Macs - why isn't it possible for Accordance to put out a patch for a short-term fix until the issue is corrected by Apple?  

We may be able to post a "Sierra-beta-fix" build soon for affected users.  However, we have a policy of not trying to patch around all of Apple's early beta bugs, and generally they find and fix their problems before public release anyway.  It is simply an unwise use of our programming resources, when we could be patching legitimate bugs or developing exciting new features.

Appreciate the thoughts of both dwhunter and Joel. The hard part is knowing exactly where we stand in the Apple beta testing cycle. Sometimes they consider "bugs" like this important and sometimes not enough to spend time on until a future dot-something update.

If Joel would just learn to read minds and foretell the future he could fix all this!  :rolleyes:

Since he refuses to do so it will require a bit more patience on our part to see how this plays out.

Sincere THANKS Joel and all for your hard work! And thanks, too, to those that keep encouraging Accordance to keep on being superior in every aspect!

Just an update - I've now installed 3 updates of the Sierra Public Beta since first experiencing crash issues, after sending crash logs and reports to Apple several times a week.  Accordance still crashes every time.  I can't use it on my Mac because I can't add anything through Easy Install.  Is there not SOMETHING that can be done from Accordance's end to provide a fix?  Again, I understand that I chose to use a beta version of OS X - but as a developer, Accordance had that before I did and should have been working to make sure your product works with whatever Apple is offering publicly.  I'm not angry; and I DO appreciate all the hard work that Accordance does and the product that they provide.  I am just extremely frustrated because I have a large library of resources that I haven't been able to use on my Mac for almost a month now, and it feels like there's no help from Accordance on this with their own product.

• Like 1

DW

Again, I can't fault Accordance for not trying to work around a bug on Apple's end when the bug will hopefully be fixed before the official release of Sierra.  I had the same crashes while running Accordance on a Sierra beta.  Chose to reinstall El Capitan.  I needed Accordance more than I needed Sierra.

• Like 1

We've made available a beta version of 11.2.4, that among other things, should fix the Sierra crashing:

https://accordancefiles1.com/public/Accordance_11.2.4b1.dmg

Please let us know how it goes, and if you experience any other problems!

Joel, so far the new beta has worked perfectly with everything I've thrown at it. It seems stable and even clears up some older "bugs." Thanks for all the hard work!

I cant't add a new resource with the + post-32723-0-46021000-1472317214_thumb.png.

I'm on El Cap.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 1

The bug in the Research Pane is still there on Wordbook, Hebrew Lexicon, Translator Notes and maybe other categories too.

post-32723-0-14894900-1472317546_thumb.png

post-32723-0-59138400-1472317563_thumb.png

post-32723-0-87162400-1472317585_thumb.png

Greetings 

Fabian

I can select a new resource, but it didn't start on El. Cap. (by me)

Greetings

Fabian

I can select a new resource, but it didn't start on El. Cap. (by me)

Greetings

Fabian

Confirmed with OS 10.11! (I had just quickly tried to duplicate your screenshot and didn't follow through.) It also fails to actually open anything in Sierra as Fabian comments.