Photo

How do you track which Journal articles you have read?

journal tagging

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:50 AM

At a basic level, Is there a way to go back and see what Journal articles you have read? 

Ideally it would be great to somehow tag or categories articles as you read them, so you can go back and dig out an article you read, i.e. search:romans or search:romans+atonement or search:jerusalem+hebrews or something like that.

For now I am thinking  I guess I have to make a text document and just paste in links to articles under different headings (Romans, Atonement, etc...)

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#2 rokas

rokas

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 12:58 AM

You could also use your own highlighting, which is searchable.

#3 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 668 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:48 AM

You could also use your own highlighting, which is searchable.

Using highlighting, how would you search for Journal articles that include the topic (for example) "Hebrews" and "Jerusalem"?

My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#4 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,339 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:04 AM

Two suggestions:

(1) Use bookmarks. You can create a folder under My Bookmarks in your Library for when the list gets large. 

(2) For tagging, use User Notes on the journal articles. Simply add a note to the title and write something like #atonement, #Romans, etc. This could be in your main notes files or you could create a set of notes just for your journals. The notes file with your tags can be opened by itself, and you could search for your tag. 

• Tony Lawrence and Ιακοβ like this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#5 rokas

rokas

Bronze

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 01:45 PM

Using highlighting, how would you search for Journal articles that include the topic (for example) "Hebrews" and "Jerusalem"?

First, create the styles "Hebrews" and "Jerusalem" - for that you can create a separate palette. The styles may even look the same, and may be as simple as some thin underline, doesn't matter.

Apply both styles to some part of the title of the article. May be just one letter. They may also overlap.

Run the search  "[STYLE hebrews]  <AND> [STYLE jerusalem]"

• Unix and Ιακοβ like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: journal, tagging

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users