Fabian

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 13 February 2017 - 02:46 AM

I have bought some Accordance resources but I don't like the iOS app. I really don't like how there aren't visual markers (book names, big chapter numbers, space between books, etc.). The Psalms look like they are one big Psalm unless you look at the little numbers. Same thing with books. They just flow into the next book. For those reasons the app is unusable to me :-(  

I don't know if this helps: Press AA, All display Settings, Show and there you can choose the preferred one.

Edited by Fabian, 13 February 2017 - 02:47 AM.

• Ιακοβ likes this

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with SuperRetina OLED, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Accordance 12.1.5 and waiting on 13 (on iPad Pro with 3D touch)

iPhone X 256GB

iOS 11.2.1

Accordance Mobile 2.5.6.8946

#22 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:41 AM

Also, I prefer to turn pages. Scrolling is distracting to me. I can't believe they haven't added page turning. Almost embarrassing. 

I respect different people have different preferences. Page turning style has always been frustrating to me, how do you highlight a verse or sentence that runs out of the bottom of the page?

#23 jmc1982

jmc1982

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 08:35 AM

I respect different people have different preferences. Page turning style has always been frustrating to me, how do you highlight a verse or sentence that runs out of the bottom of the page?

The Logos approach (if you prefer swiping to scrolling) is to allow you to use two fingers to scroll the text into position. Kindle lets you continue a highlight on to the next page if you hold down at the edge of a page after you've started a highlight. Either solution works well enough, I think.

#24 revtim

revtim

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Twitter:@revandmrshall
  • Interests:discipling, loving my wife and family, the Bible, preaching, & technology
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted 13 February 2017 - 09:24 AM

I have bought some Accordance resources but I don't like the iOS app. I really don't like how there aren't visual markers (book names, big chapter numbers, space between books, etc.). The Psalms look like they are one big Psalm unless you look at the little numbers. Same thing with books. They just flow into the next book. For those reasons the app is unusable to me :-(  

Also, I prefer to turn pages. Scrolling is distracting to me. I can't believe they haven't added page turning. Almost embarrassing. 

Gavin,

Just to let you know, if you go to the Library and click on the gear you can then go to Text Display. This will allow you to control the size of the text as well as the reference and how the text is dsiplayed. This will change the way all of your texts are displayed (Fabian's advice will change the way the one text you are viewing is displayed).

I would suggest playing around with different things until you find a view you enjoy and can work with. There are options for Tool settings, User Notes, etc.

Edited by revtim, 13 February 2017 - 09:26 AM.

In Christ,

Tim Hall

#25 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,165 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp

Posted 13 February 2017 - 11:50 AM

If you like page turning, your patience may be rewarded soon in the form of an option. I can say no more at the present time, though :-)

• Julia Falling, Benjamin Gladd, dandennison and 1 other like this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

Gear for Running Accordance:

macOS

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Sierra/macOS Server

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz quad core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, macOS High Sierra

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro

iOS

2017 iPhone X - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 11.x

2016 iPad Pro (12.9") - 256 GB, Verizon, iOS 11.x

Android 

2017 Amazon Fire HD 8 - 32 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Fire OS 5.6 (=Android OS 5.x)

2017 Samsung Galaxy Tab S3 - 128 GB internal, Android OS 7.0

2017 Blu Grand M - 8 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Android OS 6.0

#26 revtim

revtim

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts
  • Twitter:@revandmrshall
  • Interests:discipling, loving my wife and family, the Bible, preaching, & technology

Posted 13 February 2017 - 05:31 PM

If you like page turning, your patience may be rewarded soon in the form of an option. I can say no more at the present time, though :-)

Rick,

That is not very cryptic at all ... ;)

• Julia Falling, Daniel Saunders, Julie Palmer and 1 other like this
In Christ,

Tim Hall

#27 gavincmurphy1

gavincmurphy1

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 13 February 2017 - 06:04 PM

Nice! I've played with the text settings. 

I wish you could show book names when new books start. For instance, there is no break or sign that Malachi ends and Matthew begins. 

Also, the psalms look like one big psalm. 

• Ιακοβ likes this

#28 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 13 February 2017 - 10:55 PM

Nice! I've played with the text settings. 

I wish you could show book names when new books start. For instance, there is no break or sign that Malachi ends and Matthew begins. 

Also, the psalms look like one big psalm. 

Actually, now that you mention it, thinking about it, you are right, sometimes I get a little confused when I am scrolling and it accidentally flicks into another book of the bible and I haven't realised. Maybe titles would be a good idea.  

However, that said, I like to read the biblical text as close as possible to how it was originally communicated, with as few titles/paragraphs as possible, so while book titles might be good, I would hate to start seeing all those annoying subheadings.

• gavincmurphy1 likes this

#29 gavincmurphy1

gavincmurphy1

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 14 February 2017 - 05:18 PM

I agree Gold! 

I don't mind not having the subheadings! Also, what about justified text option?

#30 gavincmurphy1

gavincmurphy1

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 10 March 2017 - 07:05 PM

Hi Julia, 

Have you heard anything on the NASB update?

#31 Julia Falling

Julia Falling

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 10 March 2017 - 11:21 PM

Hi Julia, 

Have you heard anything on the NASB update?

As far as I know, we're still looking at mid-2017, maybe a little later.  I would expect us to have an electronic version available before the premium Bibles from evangelicalbible.com are available.  In fact, the gentleman at Lockman with whom I was corresponding said the Schuyler would probably not be available until 2018 – the handcrafted Bibles take longer to produce.  So we must be patient.

• Ιακοβ likes this

Julia Falling

MacBook Air Sierra Acc 12
mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)
8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Sierra Acc 12
late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)
16 GB RAM; 1.12 TB Fusion Drive

iPad Pro iOS 11
128 GB
iAccord 2.5

iPhone 8 iOS 11
64 GB
iAccord 2.5

#32 Michael Hunt

Michael Hunt

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 206 posts
  • Twitter:oddsocks

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:17 AM

A month later and we must be a month closer !!!! 

Is there still no more you can say at this present time, Rick?

Formerly known as oddsocks

#33 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 01:54 PM

A month later and we must be a month closer !!!! 

Is there still no more you can say at this present time, Rick?

Yes, I can affirm that a month later, we are a month closer. I'd say more, but I already have too many demerits on the "Don't Spill the Beans" chart on the wall at the Accordance home office in Altamonte Springs.
  • Julia Falling, Steve King, Julie Palmer and 1 other like this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

macOS

2014 Mac Mini - 2.6 Ghz dual core Intel Core i5, 8 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD, macOS Sierra/macOS Server

2016 15" MacBook Pro - 2.9 Ghz quad core Intel Core i7, 16 GB RAM, 2 TB SSD, macOS High Sierra

Windows

2014 15.6" Acer R7-572 - 1.6 Ghz Core i5, 16 GB RAM, 256 GB mSATA, 512 GB SSD, Windows 10 Pro

iOS

Android 

2017 Amazon Fire HD 8 - 32 GB internal + 64 GB microSD, Fire OS 5.6 (=Android OS 5.x)

#34 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 569 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 12:33 AM

As far as I know, we're still looking at mid-2017, maybe a little later.  

The NASB Facebook fan group has feedback suggesting things are looking like they are stretching into much later in 2017 or even early 2018.

#35 Julia Falling

Julia Falling

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts
  • Interests:Numerous!

Posted 27 March 2017 - 10:39 AM

Ιακοβ –

I guess we really shouldn't be too surprised.  Thanks for the update.  I'm not on Facebook – these forums are the closest I get to social media – so I would appreciate any further updates.

Julia Falling

MacBook Air Sierra Acc 12
mid-2013 1.7 GHz Intel Core i7 (2 cores)
8 GB RAM; 512 G SSD

Mac mini Sierra Acc 12
late-2012 2.3GHz Intel Core i7 (4 cores)
16 GB RAM; 1.12 TB Fusion Drive

iPad Pro iOS 11
128 GB
iAccord 2.5

iPhone 8 iOS 11
64 GB
iAccord 2.5

#36 Fabian

Fabian

Mithril

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,546 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 11:12 AM

The NASB Facebook fan group has feedback suggesting things are looking like they are stretching into much later in 2017 or even early 2018.

In the meantime Accordance can bring some other Bibles which the updates are out. I think on Elberfelder 2016, Einheitsübersetzung 2016 or some foreign languages which had no Bible in Accordance. 

• Daniel Francis likes this

Greetings

Fabian

ATTENTION: My bug reports are all with the GERMAN INTERFACE and with the EUROPEAN NOTATION! It can be the English interface has no bug, which I describe.

Mac Air (13-inch, Mid 2013)

1,3 GHz Intel Core i5

4GB Ram

Next time: I'll buy only one with SuperRetina OLED, and hopefully without a glossy screen. A faster CPU and more RAM.

macOS High Sierra 10.13.2

Accordance 12.1.5 and waiting on 13 (on iPad Pro with 3D touch)

iPhone X 256GB

iOS 11.2.1

Accordance Mobile 2.5.6.8946

#37 gavincmurphy1

gavincmurphy1

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:50 PM

Hello Rick, 

Do you think at some point you guys will separate books/separate Psalms by titles? Ex: Genesis, Exodus, Psalm 1, Psalm 2, etc. That way you can see when books end?

• R. Mansfield likes this

#38 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 02:57 PM

I'm not a programmer, so I don't make those calls; however, what I've advocated for a long time is the optional (key word) ability to turn on the section headings that are available in most texts--transalations and biblical language. I would like to see this because I find in print Bibles, this helps me to locate content much more quickly. But I've not heard it's coming. I have no information at this time.
  • Julia Falling and ucfgrad93 like this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

macOS

Windows

iOS

Android 

#39 Unix

Unix

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 210 posts
  • Twitter:mcyklist
  • Interests:Hebrew, "Gnosticism", Anglican books, (Environmental and a bit of Ethnological) History as well as that I've recently renewed interest in Architectual History and more modern Cultural History /Aug. 2. 2017, particular interest in texts copyrighted 1952-2010, Autumn '16 Greek. christianforums.com, unorthodoxchristian.freeforums.net Purchased Scrivener as both Win and Mac versions early June and a used Macbook Pro June 13., HDDRegenerator.net on July 17. 2015. Delayed install of my Accordance version upgrade to 12 a little, I've been satisfied with the availability of modules in the v.10 resource format - I just had one maintained version 10 installation - on the i3 quad core Dell laptop. /Aug. 2. 2017 Now I've installed 12 /Dec. 31. 2017
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 27 March 2017 - 03:25 PM

I would not use it. It's not Biblical and there's an extremely high level of interpretation, almost all Editions have numerous errors: Such as badly outdated headings when research has proven things but it has been retained just for the sake of "tradition". Even a traditional language 20th century English Bible version such as the 1971 RSV is really great and often my most used Bible for many parts of Scripture, all the while I'm horrified that secondary labels on things are retained due to tradition:

I'm not a programmer, so I don't make those calls; however, what I've advocated for a long time is the optional (key word) ability to turn on the section headings that are available in most texts--transalations and biblical language. I would like to see this because I find in print Bibles, this helps me to locate content much more quickly. But I've not heard it's coming. I have no information at this time.

• Lester P. Bagley likes this

Please SEE THIS recent LINK about Bible versions: https://www.christia...curate.7926578/
Moffatt version that I find I can focus on in the commuter traffic for more devotional reading - I also have the commentary set: https://www.christia...-bible.7618350/
And NPP and English translations and commentaries as well as as a bit about learning the original languages: https://www.christia...posts/72219172/
Commentaries: https://community.lo...795.aspx#830795
I'm growing only my Accordance and print libraries. I also occasionally duplicate things, depending on price. I don't buy Collections/base-packages at all, to me an OK print library is a Collection/base-package and is bragging-rights, a mid-size Collection would not be!! Books copyrighted in the most recent Years (2011 and later) have to be truly exceptional for me to buy them. I very rarely have to add any lexicons or Bible Dictionaries, I access them wherever, under Accordance I have bought HALOT and BDAG used. Otherwise I prefer BAGD actually which I have under L6.9. The best One-volume Bible commentary is Oxford Bible commentary. NAB70 OT and L6 functionality including Chineze (which I don't speak/read) under spare account. The Oxford Bible Commentary under other one pretty large current account that is the one I actually use. /Oct. 16. 2017 Edited Jan. 14. 2018. My current comparison March 20.-21. 2017 of two laptops: https://community.lo...520.aspx#891520
 ... and compared to a laptop I used to have recently, things like speed and battery life
yesterday was 2 years since I returned from an archaeological trip to Turkey. /Apr 16. 2016 A bit of interest in Akkadian or Babylonian. /Apr. 2016
Besides my Macbook referenced below I have a few Windows, among the toughest I have are: 4GB (upgrading to 16 GB) W7 i3 3110 3rd gen Ivy Bridge (since it's W7 Professional and huge battery that actually can be gripped while carrying it open) | Until a Year ago I had: 8GB W10 AMD FX-7600P (since it's AMD:s best laptop CPU - I LOVE AMD) it had the slightly overkill AMD R7 270DX 2GB graphics, i was bought new on Oct. 30. (tomorrow from 
Örebro by train) 2015 returned item so lower bargain price not on a sale. My desktop has the excellent value for money G2030 CPU Ivy Bridge
Relevant and representative Facebook: https://www.facebook...100009160762403 (see also my Twitter).
Was on a vacation in Germany by car July 21. - Aug. 1. 2014 relaxing, evangelizing a little, while studying.
Going to teach myself the asq -programming language years later on. /June 16.-Oct 10. 2015-Apr. 16. 2016
This one is waiting for yet another motherboard change and I'm not sure it will get done IF everything continues the same: OS X 10.11 El Capitan on my 2007 Macbook Pro, with motherboard changed when it was 4 years old, disks changed as well: main drive 256 GB SSD, two new batteries. The 6 GB RAM and the two USB 3.0 ports for it (the latter through ExpressCard slot) just arrived this afternoon. /June 17. 2015

#40 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 3,165 posts

Posted 27 March 2017 - 04:25 PM

I would not use it. 

And that's why I said optional was the key word. 

• Julia Falling likes this

Rick Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

macOS

Windows

iOS

Android 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users