EZ Install - Atlas Files Not Installing - Windows

sfarson

FWIW, EZ Install is telling me I need to install Atlas 2.2 files (1.1mb).  I click "download" then "install".  It goes through the process then EZ Install reloads telling me I need to install again (they remain checked and uninstalled).  Thanks for any tips.

What Accordance version are you using. Please update to 11.2.3 if you haven't already. If the problem persists you can try removing the Backgrounds listed in the Library panel, and try again.

I have 11.2.3.  Removed the backgrounds.  Ran EZ-Install.  Downloaded 644meg of backgrounds.  Installed the backgrounds.  EZ-Install runs again and I see the same prompt to install the 1.1mb Atlas 2.2 files.  

Sfarson, I had the same issue on my mac.  if you go into finder / explorer and find the map data files.  If you find the missing ones and click (open them from source).  After your close and start Accordance the problem should have resolved itself (hopefullly).  

Paul.

• Like 1

Hi Paul... Thanks.  Do not see any missing files, but did click on what I see.  Same situation.  Maybe I'll just live with EZ-Install always telling me to install these files.  No problem with my Mac Accordance.  Just with the Windows PC.

Steve

Have you actually opened the Map Backgrounds, and then opened a 3D map (by selecting part of the map and clicking the 3D button? Any errors when you do that? If not, does this fix the Easy Install issue?

Yes... Opened Map Backgrounds, selected every background, selected a part of the map, viewed the 3D renderings without a problem, ran Easy Install.   After downloading then installing, still seeing this message.

----------------

Accordance Bible Atlas Version 2.2 (Atlas 2.2 Group)

Installation Status: Incomplete

Remaining Download Size: 1.1 MB

Missing Items: Atlas files

-----------------

As mentioned above... this is an Easy Install issue with my Windows PC, not with my iMac.  

I'm encountering the same problem as Steve's with the Windows version.

• 4 weeks later...

In case there is an attempt to fix this behavior with Windows (I hope so).  Whenever I run Easy Install I see this...

post-32164-0-38019200-1473091990_thumb.png

When I download and install, it reappears after it is finished (Install Ultimate Collection 1.1 MB), as if I didn't Easy Install.

Plus, this is deposited on my Windows desktop...

post-32164-0-00332400-1473092103_thumb.png

And the contents of this folder is...

post-32164-0-18675700-1473092144_thumb.png

I have the folder on both Win and Mac desktops. But I am not having any issue with Atlas wanting to download in Easy Install. I cannot actually determine the Atlas version though. The module log doesn't seem to be updated for Atlas changes.

But as I'm not seeing any updates I assume it's the latest.

Thx

D

• 4 weeks later...

Sfarson, I had the same issue on my mac.  if you go into finder / explorer and find the map data files.  If you find the missing ones and click (open them from source).  After your close and start Accordance the problem should have resolved itself (hopefullly).  

Paul.

Thanks Paul. It worked for me.

• Like 1

Sorry Anthony, I'm not so familiar with the file management in Windows.  although I'm sure Accordance tech. support will be able to help you.

What would be the process for fixing this in Windows?

Anthony, I was contacted by an Accordance developer who asked me to send the "map data.adata" in the Accordance map config folder (My Windows PC is not accessible at the moment for a precise description of this folder name).  What I had in the folder were two files... "Map data.adata" and "Map data"  When I mention this I was told there should only be one file in this folder "Map data.adata" and that the other one was old and could be deleted, that this would solve the problem.  I deleted it and there is no more Easy Install indication that I needed to install the Ultimate Connection.  HTH, Steve 

Oh, so this case is a bit different. The files I had in the Desktop were "Maps" and "User Layers", which had a "last modified" year of 2016. However, when I checked in the directory "C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Accordance Preferences" the two files with the same name are of the year 2011 and 2006, respectively.

I tried copying the 2016 versions into the Accordance Preferences folder (overwriting the 2011/2006 ones). But when I did an Easy Install, Accordance replaces them back with the 2011/2006 versions, and sends the 2016 versions back to that folder in the Desktop, labeled as "Previous Accordance Settings", which is false. Furthermore, in doing this process, the "Installing..." progress bar of Easy Install gets stuck at 100%, and does not continue.

Well, I hope this information can help Tech Support address this specific issue.

Thanks.

Furthermore, the program hangs at the "Installing..." process, and I had to terminate it using Windows Task Manager.

When I tried the same process again, Easy Install still does not recognize the 2016 versions of the files mentioned earlier.