Sierra Beta 5

cnorwood00

I will be interested to hear, too.

We checked with beta 4, and the crashes in Easy Install, Atlas, and pictures are absolutely an Apple bug.  We have reported it to them, and now it is up to them to fix it.  I believe we can work around it if we have to, but in general it will be a regression for Accordance, so we are hoping Apple will fix it before Gold Master.

• Like 4

Thanks so much for the heads up!

I am using Accordance on Sierra public beta.  You have to tread lightly in Accordance.  As long as I stay away from Atlas and Image resources, I am fine.  Maybe, Apple will fix the bug in Beta 5.  

We checked with beta 4, and the crashes in Easy Install, Atlas, and pictures are absolutely an Apple bug.  We have reported it to them, and now it is up to them to fix it.  I believe we can work around it if we have to, but in general it will be a regression for Accordance, so we are hoping Apple will fix it before Gold Master.

It will be interesting to see if Apple addressed the issue in the beta released today. 

• Like 1

Quick test of today's beta (developer and user) looks like NO fixes for the crashing of Accordance.  :(

Went back to El Capitan today. Started a project in which I can't do without Atlas.  Let us know when it's safe to install Sierra. 

been using Accordance  11.2.3 with OSX 10.12 Sierra beta 5  crashes 

ex. have judges 14 open in ESV and parallel with combined texrt  open commentary then select Archaeological Study Bible ( application closes when reopening says app crashed or not closed correctly)

Many other examples

Reported to Apple with dump

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

11.0.4 working fine on Sierra Beta 5    Macbook Pro 2.3 GHz i7

Edited by noelanderson

For anyone running the Sierra beta, have you turned on iCloud syncing of your documents folder? If what I understand is correct, not all of your files will be completely present (and will download as needed), which makes me wonder how this would affect the Accordance folder that's in Documents. 

Anyone know if this will affect Accordance? 

• Like 1

For anyone running the Sierra beta, have you turned on iCloud syncing of your documents folder? If what I understand is correct, not all of your files will be completely present (and will download as needed), which makes me wonder how this would affect the Accordance folder that's in Documents. 

Anyone know if this will affect Accordance? 

Yes thats the one which interest me too, since I've seen it on the Keynote.

Greetings

Fabian

The release candidate for Sierra is out today. Anyone tested Accordance on it?

I tried out the download of Accordance 11.2.4b1 and it still has some major issues on the Sierra Release Candidate. It did stop Accordance from crashing when I try to open a new panel but now it is just unresponsive... better than crashing the entire app I suppose. Still can't open resources though unfortunately.

Edited by jeremyduncan

Accordance still crashing on the release candidate...

It's not a release candidate, they have already called it Golden Master.

• Like 1

Good point, Like it or not Accordance, this is what everyone is going to be installing in just over a week.

I'm not a tech support guy, so I'm not sure what's going on with your system Jeremy, but I've been using 11.2.4b1 on the Sierra GM and it's running great—in fact, it feels snappier and more responsive that any Accordance version running on El Capitan. Perhaps you can try holding down the option key when you open Accordance and clean out some of the stored settings?