ESV Literary Study Bible

Darren Larson

Are there any plans to release the Literary Study Bible for Accordance? I'm thinking about buying it; but would probably wait to purchase it for Accordance if it was going to be released at some point.

• Like 1

Thanks for checking, but I do not believe that this one is on the horizon for Accordance.

To be honest I don't really think Accordance needs this one. It's not like a Ryrie or MacArthur Study Bible with several notes for each verse. The notes are more general, encompassing an entire passage. You can view the entire Literary Study Bible at ESV's website and if you purchase it you can access the online version freely for a while. So that's what I would recommend. Now maybe if the MacArthur Study Bible could be in Accordance... that would be a worth-while set of notes to have :)

• 4 months later...

I agree that the Literary Bible notes aren't necessary.

I wonder if there's an easy way to follow its bible reading plan in a different translation, however... :rolleyes:

• 12 years later...

I think the ESV Literary Study Bible by Leland Ryken would be extremely valuable, as each chapter begins with a block that explains the structure of the chapter and how to read the genre. I don't see any Bible that does that, and it would be nice to have right on Accordance for quick access. 

, as each chapter begins with a block that explains the structure of the chapter and how to read the genre. I don't see any Bible that does that,

I suspect this is a case of preferred style as i find the esv, noab and jsb study bibles all offer both structure and genre in their introductory sections. 

Edited by ukfraser

The attractive thing about the Literary Study Bible is that it has these notes by Leland Ryken who is a literary expert with 50 years of teaching experience in the subject. 

• Like 1