Sierra Public Beta 6 - Developer 7

Lester P. Bagley

Just to confirm... there are NO fixes that help the crashing with Accordance... though I am seeing fewer crash logs... naturally that is NOT of help  :(

Edited by Lester P. Bagley

Just an update - I've now installed 3 updates of the Sierra Public Beta since first experiencing crash issues, after sending crash logs and reports to Apple several times a week.  Accordance still crashes every time.  I can't use it on my Mac because I can't add anything through Easy Install.  Is there not SOMETHING that can be done from Accordance's end to provide a fix?  Again, I understand that I chose to use a beta version of OS X - but as a developer, Accordance had that before I did and should have been working to make sure your product works with whatever Apple is offering publicly.  I'm not angry; and I DO appreciate all the hard work that Accordance does and the product that they provide.  I am just extremely frustrated because I have a large library of resources that I haven't been able to use on my Mac for almost a month now, and it feels like there's no help from Accordance on this with their own product.

• Like 1

Dwhunter, you don't need to post the same post three places - we are well aware of the issues that Apple is refusing to fix.  We are about to release a beta of 11.2.4 that works around their issue (among many other things), so you should have a temporary resolution soon.

Thanks, Joel.  I wasn't trying to create a problem.  In the moment, it was easier to respond on a couple of similar threads by copying and pasting.  I will not do that again.  I apologize for over posting.

• Like 1

Joel,

How do we get access to the future beta that works with Sierra?

+1

We've made available a beta version of 11.2.4, that among other things, should fix the Sierra crashing:

https://accordancefiles1.com/public/Accordance_11.2.4b1.dmg

Please let us know how it goes, and if you experience any other problems!

From a fresh install of Accordance, I can now use Easy Install. Thanks!

Reference point: New Sierra Beta (16A313a) of 2016-08-29 still causes same crashes in Accordance 11.2.3. The Beta of Accordance available above (11.2.4b1) DOES function with limitations already mentioned by those testing with the previous version of Sierra Beta.

Lester, i've not found any limitations in accordance running the new beta, with Sierra...  to what limitations are you referring?

Lester, i've not found any limitations in accordance running the new beta, with Sierra...  to what limitations are you referring?

The most obvious & quickly demonstrated in Accordance Beta 11.2.4b1is the failure to add modules using the + shortcut. I believe that is one of the fixes due in b2 later today.. unless the old mind is playing tricks on me... again  :D

Discokvn, what is missing from Easy Install?

the things i've noticed off the top of my head were the Atlas, and the timeline...  i don't recall seeing ISBE in there...  but it was a brief look...  the list is very obviously shorter than my library...

You may want to contact Technical Support (https://www.accordancebible.com/support) if you are concerned things you have purchased aren't showing up.  It is also possible that the items are listed bundled together, or they are missing since they are already installed and you have 'Hide Installed Items' checked.

If I install this Accordance Beta version, what will happen when the Beta period is over? 

Will I need to re-download the application and all my modules?

It should update normally to the release version, when available.

hey Joel, so i had contacted them before i posted here, and they said that if i was working with the beta that they didn't know how to proceed, and that i should interact with you about it.  the items are not hidden, and none of them will "open" or "drop down" into the package contents...  does that make sense?

Discokvn,

We would be happy to screen share with you to take a look at this issue. You can download 'TeamViewer' from www.teamviewer.com (it's free and fast) and send us your TeamViewer user ID and password. We can arrange a time for one of us to access your computer.

You can contact us by:

Email: support@accordancebible.com

Phone: (407) 339-0266

We look forward to hearing from you!