Photo

Messianic Bible Translation in Accordance?

Messianic Bible Translation

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,572 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 26 August 2016 - 08:25 AM

We've been asked to add a Messianic Bible translation to Accordance. What version would you recommend?

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD,  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, OSX 10.11, El Capitan

MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD  + 1.5 TB HD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, OSX 10.11, El Capitan

iPhone 6 plus: 64 GB, iOS 9.0.2

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:58 AM

Are Any of the versions available, available as tagged versions?

;o)
Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x, occasionally accordance 11x on Mountain Lion
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for selecting music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#3 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,572 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 26 August 2016 - 09:59 AM

Sorry, no, not to my knowledge.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD,  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, OSX 10.11, El Capitan

MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD  + 1.5 TB HD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, OSX 10.11, El Capitan

iPhone 6 plus: 64 GB, iOS 9.0.2

#4 SimpleTheist

SimpleTheist

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted Yesterday, 01:02 AM

Wouldn't the Complete Jewish Bible already count as a Messianic Bible Translation?

The Tree of Life version just recently came out, but I haven't had a chance to actually read from it yet.

#5 Douglas Fyfe

Douglas Fyfe

Silver

• Accordance
  • 197 posts
  • Interests:Jesus, Hebrew, Aramaic, Greek, German, Cantonese, the mighty Essendon Bombers

Posted Yesterday, 04:33 AM

Yep - we have Complete Jewish Bible, a hard copy of which I received from a Messianic Jewish friend

iPhone 6+ :: iOS 9.x || Windows 10 :: Samsung ATIV ultrabook i5 :: 1.80GHz || my wife controls my MacBookPro :: OSX 10.6.8

#6 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 906 posts

Posted Yesterday, 08:41 AM

Who asked you? What are his/her/their requirements?

#7 SimpleTheist

SimpleTheist

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted Yesterday, 05:22 PM

Pick up a copy of the Complete Jewish Bible or the Tree of Life Bible. Basically they don't translate certain Jewish words (name of God, shalom, names of the feasts etc. And bring some Jewish elements into the New Testament. A lot of names are translated into how they would be in Hebrew.

Sometimes with the New Testament I think they take things too far, but it is a different way to read familiar stories.

#8 Dawn

Dawn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted Yesterday, 08:31 PM

The Complete Jewish Bible is a solid Messianic version edited by well-respected Messianic Jewish scholar David Stern in Jerusalem.  I already have this in Accordance.  But he just released a Complete Jewish Study Bible which I would LOVE to have in Accordance!  The study notes are excellent! :)   

#9 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 508 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted Today, 01:51 AM

Thanks. Just been to the publishers site and it mentions updated text and looks like there sre study notes for the tanakh.

http://www.hendricks...sh-study-bible/

I am curious what has has been changed in the nt translation and notes and if he is still using the original jps or is using their latest translation.

We also already have the original nt notes in accordance
https://www.accordan...=JNT Commentary
(Not sure why it is only in commentaries and not in the study bible section!)

Personally i find the notes in the jewish annotated nt to be more use than stern's on culture and custom.
https://www.accordan...sh Annotated NT
And the jps study bible is also excellent on that front as well.
https://www.accordan...etails/?pid=JSB

Would probably upgrade to this new stern volume but tree of life also looks interesting.

I have a paper copy of barnstone's the restored new testament which doesnt seem to get a mention anywhere, bought on the spur of the moment.

Edited by ukfraser, Today, 02:01 AM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x, occasionally accordance 11x on Mountain Lion
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for selecting music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Messianic, Bible, Translation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users