Photo

Messianic Bible Translation in Accordance?

Messianic Bible Translation

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#21 CanarsieMan500

CanarsieMan500

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 17 January 2017 - 06:20 PM

I was part of the team that worked on the Tree of Life translation, primarily NT but also some work with the OT. The intent was to create a family friendly version that could be used with older children as well as adults both for Messianic Jewish families and for others who would want a translation that would bring out the Jewishness of the Bible in a fresh way. For the record, my own credential is that I hold a Ph.D. in Biblical Studies & Hermeneutics from Westminster Theological Seminary, and currently serve as Senior Researcher at Jews for Jesus in San Francisco. 

David Stern's Complete Jewish Bible is also noteworthy. The Tree of Life version has a fair amount of publicity behind it and may be positioned to become the "translation of choice" so to speak for Messianic Jewish congregations and others. I personally do not see it as a replacement for other versions but as a complement, and I would find it useful as an Accordance module. 

I can also put the appropriate Accordance people in touch with the folks at Tree of Life. Let me know. It would be a worthwhile addition.

• Lester P. Bagley, revtim, Daniel Francis and 3 others like this

Rich Robinson

Senior Researcher

Jews for Jesus

60 Haight Street

San Francisco, CA 94102

[email protected]

#22 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,533 posts
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 04 February 2017 - 12:14 PM

This might be a good place if anyone here has encountered a "Hebrew roots" Bible and what you think of it, and why.

My own opinion of it is not favourable and I have read one scathing attack on it elsewhere. Thanks.

Alistair

#23 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,395 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies/backgrounds & Patristics; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; excursions in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 10 September 2018 - 02:24 PM

The Tree of Life Version is now available in Accordance. See today‚Äôs blog post for more information. 

• jarcher likes this

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#24 TYA

TYA

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts
  • Interests:G-d; Moshiyach; Jewish texts; Israel; family; spreading good news, and serving G-d's people; making new friends (hopefully you!); Bible software's like Accordance :)

Panasonic Toughbook CF-31
    Windows 7 64-bit
    Intel I5 CPU (2.4GHz)
    8GB Ram
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 20 September 2018 - 12:56 AM

Sorry I'm late (actually I'm new).  The "Scriptures" version by ISR (Institute for Scripture Research) is also a good version.  Newest edition, of course, would be recommended.

• R. Mansfield and Fabian like this

#25 JohanMarais

JohanMarais

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:54 AM

I would love to have The Scriptures from ISR on Accordance.
  • Fabian and TYA like this

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Messianic, Bible, Translation

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users