Copying Text with Unicode Hebrew into User Tools

Lorinda H. M. Hoover

Today I was copying passages from Calvin's commentary on Haggai into an Accordance User Tool. After many successful copy and pastes, I was suddenly unable to paste into my User Tool at all. I would hit command-V, and nothing would happen, even though I knew I had a paragraph on the clipboard.

I was able to track down the problem: the paragraph in question included this sentence:

As there is a change of number; others will have ב, beth, or מ, mem, to be understood, They shall come with what they desire; that is, the nations shall not come empty, but shall gather all their treasures to be a holy oblation to God. (from the ccel.org site

Accordance was choking on ב and מ. Since the Hebrew letters remained Hebrew after I made the paragraph plain text in Text Edit, I presume the ccel site is using Unicode for Hebrew characters and words.

Is this a bug, or just a reality of Accordance's limited support for Unicode? Is it possible to at least have some sort of warning that explains why the paste doesn't work? Is there a workaround available?

Thanks and blessings,

Lorinda

Pasting Unicode into User Tools is still on our "To Do" list, so, no, it won't work now and is probably the cause of the problem.

Helen,

Thanks for the answer. Since it was just two letters, it was pretty easy to copy and paste around the Hebrew and use the Character Palette to add the letters back in.

I'll look forward to the addition of pasting unicode into user tools in some future update.

Lorinda

Archived