2 replies to this topic

#1 mfisch53

mfisch53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted Yesterday, 03:58 PM

I request that instant details would give an option to show parallel texts especially English and Hebrew or Greek or any combo Bible text when you click a lexicon or a commentary and hover over a Bible reference. 

#2 Timothy Jenney

Timothy Jenney

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 2,577 posts
  • Interests:a great cup of coffee, sci-fi, jazz and the blues, kayaking, camping, fishing and the great outdoors
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Yesterday, 05:48 PM

You can set an alternate text in Preferences>Tool Display (right column, near the bottom). Pressing Cmd (Mac) or Ctrl (PC) while hovering over the verse reference in a Tool will show the alternate text.

Unfortunately, we can currently only set it to one alternate text, not one for HMT and another for GNT (which is what many original language scholars would prefer, myself included). Those who are just interested in an alternate translation, say NIV instead of ESV, generally seem satisfied.

Blessings,
"Dr. J"

Timothy P. Jenney, Ph. D.
"Lighting the Lamp" Host and Producer

Academic Licensing Assistant

iMac: Late 2014 27" 5k display, 4.0 GHz quad core i7, 24 GB RAM, 500 GB SSD,  AMD Radeon R9 M295X 4096 MB, OSX 10.11, El Capitan

MBP: Early 2011 17" MBP (8,3), 2.3 GHz quad core i7, 16 GB RAM, 480 SSD  + 1.5 TB HD, AMD Radeon HD 6750M, OSX 10.11, El Capitan

iPhone 6 plus: 64 GB, iOS 9.0.2

#3 mfisch53

mfisch53

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted Yesterday, 10:11 PM

I hope Accordance can get it to happen  parallel texts: English, Greek and Hebrew on instant details.

For the price for this program you should be able to get it done.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: texts, references

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users