Gill, Gesenius, ULB and others...

preacherwin

Accordance contains the works on Divinity by John Gill, but not his commentaries. I think that would make a nice addition.

Also, we have Gesenius' classic Hebrew Grammar, but not his Lexicon.

And while we have the Expositor's Bible Commentary, the older Expositor's Bible is not available as an add-on.

My last suggestion is the that the texts of the Unlocked Literal Bible and the Unlocked Dynamic Bible be considered as an add-on...  www.unfoldingword.org/bible

Thanks for a great set of resources and for the amazing level of support you have provided over the years. Accordance is a remarkable tool.

Blessings,

win

Accordance contains the works on Divinity by John Gill, but not his commentaries. I think that would make a nice addition.

+1 for Gill's commentary

Also, we have Gesenius' classic Hebrew Grammar, but not his Lexicon.

+1 Gesenius' Lexicon

There is a copy of Gill's commentary on the NT and commentary on the OT as user tools on Accordance Exchange.

http://www.accordancefiles1.com/exchange/tools.htm

About 40% of the way down. They can be downloaded and then uncompressed. If you then double click the files they should automatically load into Accordance.

• Like 2

The original expositors commentary is still available (not sure what you mean as an add on as the new edition was a totally new update and not upgrade if memory serves me correctly.

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=EBC

;o)

(I have a copy we could come to some arrangement with and arrange with accordance admin team to get the license transferred if you want it)

Edited by ukfraser

The original expositors commentary is still available (not sure what you mean as an add on as the new edition was a totally new update and not upgrade if memory serves me correctly.

https://www.accordancebible.com/store/details/?pid=EBC

;o)

(I have a copy we could come to some arrangement with and arrange with accordance admin team to get the license transferred if you want it)

Actually, this is still not the one I was referring to. I was thinking of the old Expositor's Bible, published around the turn of the 20th century. You are referring to the Expositor's Bible Commentary, which I do have in Accordance. Thanks for the link on Gill, though.

I have PDFs (scanned copies with OCR) of the complete Expositor's Bible, I think I must have accessed them all from Archive.org.

Together they come to about 1.2 GB of data.

It for reasons like this that we users make repeated requests for some kind of PDF implementation within Accordance, sadly always to no avail.

• 9 months later...
  • 7 months later...

PDF import, even of texts, is very very complex. We have started working on it, but I cannot promise when we might be able to deliver such a feature. PDFs that are simply image captures would be far more difficult.

• Like 1

PDF import, even of texts, is very very complex. We have started working on it, but I cannot promise when we might be able to deliver such a feature. PDFs that are simply image captures would be far more difficult.

Thank you, Helen, for all you guys do. I have never ceased to appreciate the level of attention that you and your developers put into this project. Gesenius is one of those classics of Hebrew Grammar and Lexicon, so needless to say that there are many of us that would do backflips to see that project complete. But as someone who has tried used Acrabat Professional to convert PDF to text and then bring that into Accordance, I respect the gargantuan project that it is, though I imagine it would be great fun for the one allocated the time to do so.

Keep up the superb work and blessings,

win

We do have Gesenius' grammar available, but not the lexicon.

Yes, and it is superb.

Thanks, Don, I had not noticed this addition. win

I did not mean import of PDFs into Accordance modules, I mean a way of indexing and searching and linking to PDFs that are already own my hard drive. Is that what you though I meant?

• 2 weeks later...

We do have Gesenius' grammar available, but not the lexicon.

The German Gesenius Lexicon is now digitized and updated from the Springer Verlag (link above). Since the last publishing date 100 years  has gone, all is now updated and worth to have it in Accordance.

So there is no excuse anymore to bring the original to Accordance.

Edited by Fabian

I agree with Fabian and would buy it in German, but not English

• Like 1