NIDNTTE

ukfraser

BDAG tends to be referred to as the standard on this forum supplemented by NIDTTE, but with the current offer, would NIDTTE suffice without bdag? Or will you always recomend having BDAG as its the standard?

I currently have a limited number of resources which meet my needs but have been thinking about a more detailed lexicon for some time. If buying just one, this seems to be an offer that is too good to miss (alternatively, i can also continue to wait for a similar offer on BDAG as dont have any specific needs).

Principal interest is gnt and lxx.

Edited by ukfraser

BDAG is thorough, covering every word in the NT (though not all the LXX). NIDTTE goes into greater detail about many words, and the theological discussions are very helpful, but it's not exhaustive. I don't think one really substitutes for the other. They're both great and complement each other.

• Like 1

Thanks jonathan.

One of my current basic lexicons claims to have all the gnt in and has meet my needs up till now (though i have missed some extra detail). I like the format of nidntte (from the screen shot) and am looking for more detail so it is looking like one of those offers that is just too good to pass up.

I have a bit of time to see what other pearls of wisdom i get, but thanks for the clear response.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

Speaking as an former seminary prof., BDAG is the standard NT Greek lexicon. There is nothing else like it. Nothing else compares to it. It is the very first tool one should have after the Greek NT itself.

• Like 1

Honestly, buy both. BDAG is the standard Lexicon, but NIDNTTE is, in my opinion, is equally required. While I would normally say that BDAG should be first, I am personally going to buy NIDNTTE first, since the the current accordance discounted price is way too good to pass up. So in this particular case, buy NIDNTTE and then later when you can afford it (or there is an awesome sell) buy BDAG. The lesser lexicons can suffice for now as this is a can't pass up deal on the NIDNTTE. 

Eventually get both, but go ahead and buy the NIDNTTE right now. For anyone reading this after the sell on NIDNTTE ends, I would recommend getting BDAG first, then NIDNTTE, but for the moment, go ahead and get the NIDNTTE and hold off on BDAG. 

• Like 2

Honestly, buy both. BDAG is the standard Lexicon, but NIDNTTE is, in my opinion, is equally required. While I would normally say that BDAG should be first, I am personally going to buy NIDNTTE first, since the the current accordance discounted price is way too good to pass up. So in this particular case, buy NIDNTTE and then later when you can afford it (or there is an awesome sell) buy BDAG. The lesser lexicons can suffice for now as this is a can't pass up deal on the NIDNTTE. 

Eventually get both, but go ahead and buy the NIDNTTE right now. For anyone reading this after the sell on NIDNTTE ends, I would recommend getting BDAG first, then NIDNTTE, but for the moment, go ahead and get the NIDNTTE and hold off on BDAG. 

I completely agree. I have both in hard copy, but not (yet) in Accordance.

Many thanks for the advice.

Purchased!

Glad to see others are taking advantage of this sale ( though surprised nivac isnt making an appearance, i guess most got it when it was on sale earlier this year, if not get it now!).

• Like 1

NIVAC-NT is on sale, I don't know why Zondervan did not offer the OT as well.

This sale definitely ends on the stroke of midnight Friday.

Hi helen, nivac nt is not showing on the top ten products which surprise me as the top three are all in the sale and mounce has made it to no 5.

But for those who dont already have it, i find it an excellent series for stimulating thought outside the box when reading a passage and well worth getting at this sale. Whenever i use this, there is always a sentence or comment that gets me to start thinking in a totally different direction than the way i had originally approached the passage based on hearing decades of sermons.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

Fraser,

Where do you see the ranking of sales?

Thanks!

On the main Store page, there is a listing of Featured Products and Top Selling Products at the bottom of the page.

On the main Store page, there is a listing of Featured Products and Top Selling Products at the bottom of the page.

Thank you, Julie. How does it calculate? From what date is it the top-selling item calculated?

• Like 1

Good questions eric. Although you can filter the top sellers, i like looking at it during sales, and since this particular zondervan sale started, the top three rocketed up the chart and some of the items in the previous sale which were quite high quickly fell out, though there are a few non sale items that are always in it.

I am guessing its fairly real time coz nidntte has overtaken nidott since saturday (swapped 2nd and 3rd) and mounce moved up from 6th to 5th.

;o)

Some of us need to get a life!

I must say that occasionally i would love to know how many items are actually sold during a sale, are we taling 10s or 100s. ;o)

Ps, one other geek feature, have you noticed that you can see who is on line if you scroll to the bottom of the main forum page?

Edited by ukfraser

Thank you, Julie. How does it calculate? From what date is it the top-selling item calculated?

A question which I had also.

Greetings

Fabian

Many thanks for the advice.

Purchased!

Glad to see others are taking advantage of this sale ( though surprised nivac isnt making an appearance, i guess most got it when it was on sale earlier this year, if not get it now!).

For me it is definitely more surprised, why this 3

post-32723-0-55033500-1473778540_thumb.png

items are since months or years in the top 10. If you buy all 3 you'd better take the upper collection which this has included. The Original Language. Spend a little bit more but you got more than twice of the value.

Greetings

Fabian

Nidntte made it to number 1 with a day to spare, still no sign of nivac nt or any of the new excellent exclusive sale not to mention fabian's mystery question

Has the zondervan sale been successful? (I have already been emailed by zondervan about their own different sale.)

;o)