Confused about these "updates"?

Julia Falling

When the Morris volume on Romans was superseded by the newly released Kruse version the older version was split off into its own module entitled Pillar: Romans (Morris).

It would be nice to have the same happen for the O'Brien volumes if only for consistency and saving having duplicates.

This make sense. So we don't have two full Pillars in the Info Pane except for the two modules.

Greetings

Fabian

• Like 2

Perhaps there needs to be some tweaking of the suggested updates as well. 

Mine suggests upgrading from GNT-T to UBS4-T when I already have UBS5-T. 

Plus, I have both the LXXS-T (Swete) and GNT-WH but suggests I upgrade to the LXXS-GNT (I can save and use them as a combined text). 

post-29479-0-51679000-1473261057_thumb.png

With the LXX-GNT you have the search text as "combined text". So you can search through the whole Greek with one query. Which is not possible in the combined function that you use.

Greetings

Fabian

Julie,

The Pillar update is due to Hebrews and Ephesians being pulled from the series.  Reason, Peter O'Brien one of my profs from Moore, and the author of these volumes had mistakenly not acknowledged several references.  Eerdman's  took a firm stand and asked that these volumes be withdrawn from publication.  Knowing the author myself, I believe it was an accident.  So now the volumes will be withdrawn, and be assigned to someone else to do.  Can't speak for the other series, but it may be that one volume was updated, and therefore a new module issued.

Which is why I ordered a hard copy of Pillar as soon as I saw what they were going to do. The O'Brien volume is excellent.

I'm glad we'll be able to keep the volumes we already have in Accordance.  I, too, have found them to be very good.

Have you checked the current price for the Hebrews Commentary on Amazon?  Starts at $145.

Edited by Julia Falling

Granted that this is a unique circumstance, it may be useful for the three O'Brien volumes (2 Pillar, 1 NIGTC) to be separate for those wishing to retain them. It help users keep them & yet update the parent collection without duplication.

Not a "must have" but it would be tidier (to my mind).

This is the way the NICNT series was handled. It is much better for library management. Otherwise you have to keep duplicates and remember which package the old and new volumes are part of.

I agree, is this possible?

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just to clarify, with the NIGTC Romans release, I now have the option of keeping my old NIGTC set with Philippians and purchasing Romans individually (meaning I have one copy of each volume) or upgrading to the new set with Romans but without Philippians and keeping the old set including Philippians installed (meaning I have duplicates of everything except Romand and Philippians). Is that about right?

Even recognizing that option A will cost me $10 more that seems preferable, no?

Edited by jeremyduncan

If I understand you right: Yes.

I have now 3 sets.

1 with the the Philippians (13 items)

1 with the updated item last month (12)

1 with the updated last month and Romain (13)

Greetings

Fabian

If you owned the old Romans you will get to keep it as a separate volume. Same with the old Philippians. It's best to upgrade the set and let Easy Install add the individual retired volumes. You can then need to remove the older NIGTC from your Library, but for now it will keep showing up for Easy Install.

• Like 1

Thanks. Having all of the current volumes in the main set and allowing us to download retired volumes is much better from a library management standpoint. Now if only this model was standard cross all sets. One can hope :)

• 1 month later...

I too would like to see the two Pillar volumes split off like the Morris commentary so I can get rid of the 16 volume set and not have both sets showing up in my Info Pane.

• Like 1

In terms of the NIGTC volumes I get a suggestion to do a free upgrade from NIGTC to NIGTC-12.

post-30494-0-45423600-1479998666_thumb.png

However I have the latest NIGTC-13 with Romans and separate Philippians. As far as I can tell I cannot actually upgrade to NIGTC-12 anyway (at least I can't find it). Any way to get rid of this message?

In terms of the NIGTC volumes I get a suggestion to do a free upgrade from NIGTC to NIGTC-12.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-24 at 14.34.16.png

However I have the latest NIGTC-13 with Romans and separate Philippians. As far as I can tell I cannot actually upgrade to NIGTC-12 anyway (at least I can't find it). Any way to get rid of this message?

You can upgrade!

What you have purchased will not be lost. You get  separate module and the NIGTC-12 will be updatable, what NIGTC-13 won't.

You can upgrade!

What you have purchased will not be lost. You get  separate module and the NIGTC-12 will be updatable, what NIGTC-13 won't.

Hi Fabian,

The point is that the NIGTC-13 I have is the updatable one! It has the latest commentary of Romans but has Philippians removed. NIGTC-12 would not include Romans. If I click on the NIGTC-12 link to the Accordance website it takes me to NIGTC-13 (which is the one I have). Therefore I can never actually upgrade to 12 (or at least I do not think so) and therefore cannot ever get rid of the message.

Regards

Steve 

Maybe an image tells more than ... post-32723-0-67398000-1480014632_thumb.png

For example "Matthew" would also removed, you will get what you see in the image plus "NIGTC-11" and a separate Module for "Matthew". This is the standard by OakTree.

In words: an NIGTC, NIGTC-13, NIGTC-12, NIGTC-11, Phillipians, Matthew. By every remove you get 2 new modules. The full without the removed one and the now separated module. If you had bought the version which has the removed included. 

Edited by Fabian

Yes that is exactly what I have (without the 12 - which I used to have before a reinstall)

post-30494-0-64245900-1480061844_thumb.png

'Upgrading' to 12 would not give me anything extra and I cannot do it anyway. But it gives me the option to.

Edited by Steve King

Now I see what you mean. In general you have all modules which are ever released but not version of the 12-package  which you can't download again.

In this case you need to contact a sales person.

For what it's worth, I was also confused by that particular update, I had the opposite problem, I thought I was missing stuff, but an email to the support staff helped me work it all out. (:

I understand the upgrade thing now, but when running Easy Install, I'm being prompted to install WBC-NT (26) – says my install is incomplete.  I have WBC-NT (25) + WBC:  Colossians & Philemon already installed.  Ignore, right?

• Like 1

I have no idea. Perhaps they are leaving both so you can keep/transfer highlights?