I just realised that I had set the font size of Finder windows (list view) to 15pt.
15pt font size.
Posted 04 May 2018 - 07:43 PM
I know that the Accordance software has been around for quite some time, so there is a chance that it might not have been designed to layout text in a way that everything can be scaled so easily. (I assume this would be the same reason we have restrictions on font selection, i.e. we seem to be able to select our English font, but not our Greek font... I imagine there might be something special going on with displaying references to the apparatus).
That said, we can always hope that the software will be upgraded at some point to allow more flexibility for different types of devices and screens. I love Accordance and can't imagine switching any time soon.
I wonder if there is a technical issue here that harks back tot he time when typefaces (fonts) came in two parts, screen fonts and printer fonts. The screen font (which was displayed on the screen) was at fixed sizes, 9pt, 10pt, 12pt, 14pt etc, usually always even numbers (except for 9).
As I understand it, all modern fonts are now fully scalable or vector-based, so it should not be unreasonable to have an empty input box where the user can just enter the font size he or she wants.
With QuarkXPress you can even enter font sizes as decimals, eg 7.6pt, 9.3pt, 11.2 pt for more exact control over the font size.
- 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
- Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
- Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
- Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
- Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users