TOTC? Updates?

Vandymarc

I bought, a time ago, Tyndale Old Testament Commentary Series (TOTC). It was upgraded in 2009 or so, cannot be exact with that date. However, upon preparation for a seminary class on Psalms I noticed my edition of Psalms, volumes 15 and 16, was different from the one required for class. Upon further investigation these are the same series, but an update to some OT books of the Bible have since been done. Having my software up to date I do not have the latest edition of Psalms, edited by Longman III (2014). What we do have is Psalms, edited by Kidner (2010). Both editions are volumes 14 & 15 by each editor. It is also apparent that IVP has retired Kidner's Psalms to a Kidner Classic Commentary Series. 

My question . . .Is something in the works for updating this series of commentaries as the OT Tyndale Series receives a renovation?

post-31582-0-79318500-1473298468_thumb.jpgpost-31582-0-28024500-1473298469_thumb.jpgpost-31582-0-82068900-1473298469_thumb.jpg

Edited by Vandymarc

It's on our list to look into updated Tyndale Commentary volumes. The publishers very rarely consult with us when new volumes are released. And, in this case, Tyndale is included in many of our collections, so adding new volumes means having to consider how it affects collection pricing, upgrades, etc. 

• Like 1

Mr. Bennett,

Thanks for responding. I did not see any discussion of it in the forums. I also do not understand your process and development at Accordance, so I decided to ask. I  thought Accordance considered individual book updates rather than a wait for a series update in some cases. Thanks again for your reply.

Mr. Bennett,

Thanks for responding. I did not see any discussion of it in the forums. I also do not understand your process and development at Accordance, so I decided to ask. I  thought Accordance considered individual book updates rather than a wait for a series update in some cases. Thanks again for your reply.

No harm in asking, but it has come up a recently on the forums.

To clarify, we are not waiting for the entire series to be updated. 

Thanks for the request and feedback.

• 1 year later...