Full spelling

Niek

I am looking for Qal verbs in yiqtol and wayyiqtol that are spelled plene (with waw like יכתוב), but excluding ע''ו verbs. I have trouble getting the right results. 

With a minor adjustment (?ו* instead of *ו*) I received the right results, but the reason I didn't get the right results before is that I didn't add the final part of the inflection (ו*-). What is its function?

Thank you!

It actually does need the addition, but I don't understand why without this addition it finds plural forms. Shouldn't ?ו* exclude plural forms because of the requirement of one following letter after the waw?

Thank you!

No, because without quotes you are defining the lexical form, the quotes define inflected forms.

• 3 weeks later...

I did this search for, for example, Ezekiel, but somehow it does not find the forms אשפוך (Ezek.7:8), אמלוך (Ezek.20:33), תמוד (Ezek.45:3), or יעבור (Ezek.48:14). How is this possible?

With your search I found 23 forms including forms like יוכל which I didn't want. Therefore, I searched with the minor change I indicated earlier (inflexion: ?ו* instead of *ו*) and I get only 16 excluding also the forms like אמלוך. I tried to add my screen picture but did not succeed. 

I am now trying to find the defective forms of Qal (way)yiqtol forms. I exchanged the waw with a holam, but then Accordance crashes. Then I tried to search an inflected form with quotations marks "?()?*" with a holam in the parentheses, but again Accordance crashes. Obviously I am missing something... 

In the inflected term you need an = so that it looks for the vowel point, and the holem is not a character so it has to be placed on a ?. I think it needs to be =*?holem*. I will check on the crash later.

Yes, thank you that worked. I also tried to find yiqtol forms in qamatz qatan but did not succeed. Does Accordance differentiate between qamatz qatan and qamatz gadol?

No, because to my understanding they use the same symbols.

Actually there is no such distinction in Tiberian Hebrew. It belongs to a different tradition (Sepharadi) hence there is no sign distinction as well.

Edited by David Knoll