Instant Details in a parallel pane?

Michel Gilbert

Hi Accordance,

If it's possible, would you consider allowing Instant Details to appear in an unlinked parallel pane, at least as an option? More of the entry would appear so there would  be less scrolling, and it is more natural/comfortable for some of us to look across rather than down while reading.  It would especially help with the larger iPads.

Thanks, and regards,

Michel

Michael,

It is possible to detach ID and move it wherever you like. In fact, I remember some years ago people were moving it to an external monitor, so they could super-size it! If you do decide to make it a column, rather than a row, click the orientation button on it. It looks better that way to me and the "header" takes up less room. That ID will now work for all your Workspaces. If you decide you like the setup, use "Save Session" and set your Preferences to to start from that Session. (Check Preferences>Instant Details for other options, including the ability to fade the ID whenever it is a floating window and not being used.)

post-29215-0-62406000-1473773507_thumb.png

Edited by Timothy Jenney

Hi Timothy,

Thanks, but Mark is right, I'm trying to duplicate that in the iOS version. Instead of tap and hold to get the ID pop-up at the bottom, I'd like to read in landscape mode, open a parallel pane, and be able to see that pop-up, or that information, there. Right now, you can unlink the pane and view notes, either your own or from different Bible versions. I would like to see the Instant Details in that pane. In the iOS version you can see your preferred lexicon, unlike the desktop version, which is preferable, but as it stands you also have to scroll a lot more in the small pop-up window at the bottom.

Regards,

Michel

Sorry, I didn't notice the category, Michael.

Personally, I've been thinking long and hard about buying a Windows tablet. I haven't done it yet, but being able to run the full version of Accordance is very, very tempting.

• Like 2

Hi Accordance,

If it's possible, would you consider allowing Instant Details to appear in an unlinked parallel pane, at least as an option? More of the entry would appear so there would  be less scrolling, and it is more natural/comfortable for some of us to look across rather than down while reading.  It would especially help with the larger iPads.

Thanks, and regards,

Michel

Hey Michel,

I'll make note of this and consider making some changes that would benefit larger screens in the future. You do make a good point.

Thanks,

Chris

• Like 2

Personally, I've been thinking long and hard about buying a Windows tablet. I haven't done it yet, but being able to run the full version of Accordance is very, very tempting.

Hi Timothy,

I'm actually impressed with Windows 10 Tablet Mode. But I lose the Ctrl-click function in Acc, not that I used it much anyways.

If Acc implemented this ID parallel pane request, and if the Construct Search pane would follow, I could get by with an iPad Pro for Acc and a Windows tablet for BW. Linux is great, but neither Acc or BW works well enough in Linux on my laptop.

Hey Michel,

I'll make note of this and consider making some changes that would benefit larger screens in the future. You do make a good point.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi Chris,

Thanks.

Regards,

Michel

• Like 1