Pasting greek or Hebrew should search greek or hebrew.

Ιακοβ

Currently, if you paste Greek or Hebrew into a search box, without first selecting Greek or Hebrew from the dropdown thingy, it coverts your Greek or Hebrew into gibberish. I assume conversion into gibberish is a not a feature, but a bug, given that I can't imagine anyone ever wishing to search for gibberish in response to pasting in a real Greek or Hebrew word. 

Please fix it so that words don't get converted to gibberish. Perhaps if you paste Greek, it should simply convert to a greek search?

post-33292-0-56430100-1473897874_thumb.png

Edited by Ιακοβ

When you search on tool, it's really up to you to change the search field that now says Titles, to one of the Greek fields. Then Accordance will accept Greek, and will know which of the fields you want to search.

If you "amplify" to a tool from a Greek word, Accordance searches each field of that language until it finds a hit. When that tool is part of a Research search, all fields of the chosen language are searched.

So, different norms apply to different ways of searching.

Thanks Helen, I understand, it feels like I spend all day flicking that thing back and forwards. When you paste Greek letters, why conver it to gibberish? Why not let it search Greek. I am certain no one pasting Greek letters would ever want to search for gibberish.