Accordance Mobile 2.4

Helen Brown

Accordance Mobile 2.4 is here with Dynamic Interlinear, many more new features and enhancements, and still free! See the new features here, and David's blog here.

Please leave us a review in the AppStore, they start over with each version.

• Like 5

Christmas has come early.

Many thanks development team

I love the way you can go in and edit the choices at time of switching it on in the text without having to go to settings. Absolutly Brilliant. Far exceeds my hopes.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 2

GREAT 

On the first link, the image of Hypertext Settings for Tools is not working.

Greetings

Fabian

Thank you for this major update but devotional troubles seem to abound...

Going to Daily fest i am given a single scripture Luke 16:1-13 and nothing else.  When what should have come up is:

1 Timothy 1:12–17

REFLECTION
Though these twenty-first-century Timothys may have heard all their lives that “Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners,” the saying is not “sure and full of worthy acceptance” in the frantic post-9/11 world in which they live. They live in a pluralistic religious world where claims of exclusive paths to God cause strife or oppression at the very least and terrorism at the extreme. They are searching for a living relationship with a living God who is also the God of their Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist, Hindu, Wiccan, or New Thought/New Age neighbor, not to mention the huge variety of Christian neighbors. They are suspicious of orthodox Christian theology and the authority of Scripture, suspicious of “churchy” words such as “sin,” “sinner,” and “salvation.”

JANE ANNE FERGUSON

RESPONSE
What is the opportunity and challenge of this text and this reflection as you consider ministry with young adults?

PRAYER
I pray this day for all who “search for a living relationship with a living God.” Use me as a witness of faith. Amen.

Daily Feast, Year C, ed. Kathleen Long Bostrom, Elizabeth F. Caldwell, and Jana K. Riess, Accordance electronic ed. (Louisville: Westminster John Knox Press, 2012), 456.

Ancient devotional for today again is a week ahead of itself and only gives us:

God Draws Us Near

THEME
Even in the depths of grief (Jer 8:18–9:1) we can trust the Lord to draw near to us (Ps 113). Jesus gave himself as a ransom for many (1 Tim 2:1–7); in return, we are to be thankful for the forgiveness of sins, great and small, and serve him faithfully (Lk 16:1–13).

rather than the whole thing.

-Dan

Looks like the liturgical calculation is perhaps ahead by a week? The weekly reading shows Peoper 20

It might be the issue that Accordance i trying to get you the Sunday reading to prepare for the next sunday IE: below

You see correctly stated we are in week 19 but also week 20 coming up is what sermon prep needs to be based on...

-Dan

Ever since trying to open NASB 95 Interlinear, Accordance is crashing every time. Tried doing a hard reset on my iPad (9.7" pro) but it made no difference. Also, when using NIV11 GKE, nothing showed under Part of Speech. However, on my iPhone, NIV11-GKE shows Part of Speech.

Edited by dwhunter

DW

what version of ios are you on? Im still on 9. When ios accordance misbehaves (very rare) i go to the main ios settings, find accordance and remove cache and last session and that stabilises it for me.

There is a new interlinear setting you may also want to reset as that is what you are having problems with.

I am enjoying the way 2.4 remembers the interlinear settings for the way it is set up in the different translations.

;o)

Im reminded of the fun i had when i first got accordance after using praxis and the previous zondervan bible software on a pc.

Edited by ukfraser

Thank you, Fraser, for the suggestion to remove the Accordance cache and last session information via the iOS settings when Accordance Mobile becomes unstable. I will try this in the future before deleting all and reinstalling when the app locks up and the usual steps do not resolve the problem. In fact, I think I will apply the cache and last session removal before I attempt other steps. I did have such a lock up after trying the interlinear mode last evening. The top pane had an ESVS interlinear working, and when I tried to add the interlinear function to the HMT-W4 in the lower pane, the app flashed to the splash screen and exited. Each attempt to restart the app would produce a short display of the splash screen followed by exit from the app. The delete and reload process was not really a bad thing, because I had the opportunity to go through my library and think about the texts and tools I really wanted on the mobile version of Accordance—a kind of Autumn housecleaning of my iOS device.

Shalom

I never thought about having interlinear on both panes. Im not having issues on ipad pro (just tried with hmt-w4 in one and niv-egk in other)

The more we explore, the more i am valuing the considerable thought and design that the ba and developers put into this feature. Surprised its not a major release.

;o)

• Like 2

Thank you for all the new features and the work that went into the updated app.

Just one question (with a follow-up and a follow-up to the follow-up): Are User Tools now editable on iAccord? Will the changes show up on my Mac when I sync with Dropbox? If so, will the sync keep the latest info no matter which device produced it?

Thanks!!

• Like 1

User tools are not editable in the iOS app. So Dropbox and WiFi syncing will always put the latest version on your iOS device that is in your Dropbox or in the desktop app.

Fraser, thank you - I had done that once before (clearing the cache and last session) but had completely forgotten about how to do that, or even TO do that.  That fixed my issue.  Thank you!  And I'm running iOS 10 now.

Other than those issues last night, I LOVE the new update.  Having the interlinear available on my iPad opens up a whole new world as far as not needing my laptop when traveling.  And I had purchased the Book of Common Prayer - not a part of my evangelical background, but something I've started to use occasionally for my devotional times.  Having it on my iPad is so much better for traveling as well.

Great job, Accordance!  And thanks again, Fraser!

User tools are not editable in the iOS app. So Dropbox and WiFi syncing will always put the latest version on your iOS device that is in your Dropbox or in the desktop app.

Thanks, Scott.  Just what I needed to know.  It is a feature that I suspect will be included at some point — I'm not "champing at the bit."

It might be the issue that Accordance i trying to get you the Sunday reading to prepare for the next sunday IE: below

You see correctly stated we are in week 19 but also week 20 coming up is what sermon prep needs to be based on...

-Dan

Dan,

It looks like both the Feasting-Readings and Daily Feast devotionals are set up internally to provide devotional articles for the following week based on the current date used when opening the devotional.  I can see how this may make sense for the Feasting-Readings module but I agree it seems counterintuitive for the Daily Feast module.

And there is clearly a problem in the Daily Feast not showing the entirety of the article chosen which I've reported to the text development team.

Thanks for your feedback.

• Like 1

Helen asked for us to leave reviews on the app store.

I can only see two.

Gentle reminder for those who love interlinear (and other features)

;o)

• Like 1

Helen asked for us to leave reviews on the app store.

I can only see two.

Gentle reminder for those who love interlinear (and other features)

;o)

I have it done in my Store at the same date of downloading, but you are right, I'm also the only one there.

Greetings

Fabian

Thank you. Each language or country has its own store, and each version starts with 0 reviews or ratings, so we really appreciate every one.

Wrote mine this morning!