Image titles

ukfraser

Hi, the feature of sliding through images in 4.2 is great.

Opening up zondervan atlas, eg p 186, when i open a map, ive got the title, sliding through i come to a chart, about p 189, after that, the captions on images don't show, if i go forwards or backwards to images that previously showed their captions, the captions dont display.

Screenshots of Initial map with title cropped, chart, then crop of same map minus caption.

Same at chart p 197, images before or after stop displaying their caption. Seems to be related to images that dont have dedicated captions because also getting it with maps on page 182 and 183 which also dont have dedicated captions.

Ie, captions are displayed until you get to an image without a caption, then no captions are displayed until you go back to the text out of image full screen mode and select another image full screen that has a caption.

Been through a fair bit of sacred bridge and not experienced the same problem as everything ive looked at appears to have a caption (quality). ( just playing with new feature!)

. ( can you increase the image file size limit a bit as technology has changed and i could include before and after without having to crop?)

Thanks

Fraser

Edited by ukfraser

I don't know if this helps but in the preferences menu of the tools you have 2 slider to adjust, one in the setting of the tool itself (AA) and one in the general prefs. 

http://accordancefiles2.com/helpfiles/Mobile2/Advanced/Content/Topics/04_Work/quick_settings.htm

Greetings

Fabian

Edited by Fabian

Hi fabian, the slider just adjusts the size of the thumbnail in the text, not the size of the screenshot when im at full screen..

reduced file size in image editing by cropping image. Its mainly with maps and photos which result in larger file sizes as they cant be compressed as much as these text rich images.

;o(

Edited by ukfraser

I think there is an ios equivalent of the 'if null statement' required (but what would i know?). I have also found this behaviour in the esv study bible but every time you get to a section header in the bp cultral images module (like the blue palm sunday), the captions disapear.

;o(

Edited by ukfraser

Hi, the feature of sliding through images in 4.2 is great.

Opening up zondervan atlas, eg p 186, when i open a map, ive got the title, sliding through i come to a chart, about p 189, after that, the captions on images don't show, if i go forwards or backwards to images that previously showed their captions, the captions dont display.

Screenshots of Initial map with title cropped, chart, then crop of same map minus caption.

Same at chart p 197, images before or after stop displaying their caption. Seems to be related to images that dont have dedicated captions because also getting it with maps on page 182 and 183 which also dont have dedicated captions.

Ie, captions are displayed until you get to an image without a caption, then no captions are displayed until you go back to the text out of image full screen mode and select another image full screen that has a caption.

Been through a fair bit of sacred bridge and not experienced the same problem as everything ive looked at appears to have a caption (quality). ( just playing with new feature!)

. ( can you increase the image file size limit a bit as technology has changed and i could include before and after without having to crop?)

Thanks

Fraser

Hey, 

Thanks for the detailed info. I'll have to look into this bug. Should be a quick fix and made available in our 2.4.x release.

I'm not sure I follow you on the increased image file size limit. We only scale the images for the thumbnails, but the image you see in the picture viewer is the full sized version of the image, with zoom capabilities. Some images are smaller than others, but they're all full sized.

Thanks,

Chris

Hi chris, i have an ipad pro 9.7 and if i take a screen shot of a map from zondervan, when i try to attach it, i get this error, but other screen shots with less detail attach fine. Not sure how to find out file size o f screen shot but didnt get the problem with screenshots on ipad 2.

Current limit is 2MB, wondered if it could be increased a bit.

;o)

I ended up cropping screen shots so they would upload, but feel that sometimes a full screenshot is better as it gives youa bit more reference material.

Edited by ukfraser

Hi chris, i have an ipad pro 9.7 and if i take a screen shot of a map from zondervan, when i try to attach it, i get this error, but other screen shots with less detail attach fine. Not sure how to find out file size o f screen shot but didnt get the problem with screenshots on ipad 2.

Current limit is 2MB, wondered if it could be increased a bit.

;o)

I ended up cropping screen shots so they would upload, but feel that sometimes a full screenshot is better as it gives youa bit more reference material.

Oh, you're referring to the forums. Thought you were talking about images in the app. Misunderstood what you were saying. I don't handle the forum stuff. I'd recommend reducing the file size. Here's a site that does it https://tinypng.com 

Chris

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks for fixing it in the latest release.

;o)

• Like 1