Crossway ESV Bible Atlas

sixsteps

Helen below is a quick comparison of the initial page of the index (the kindle sample includes the full list of maps).

For example, there are 12 maps in the atlas before we get to garden of eden (the first map which appear the to have the same title in both). And from the screen shot, taking a later example about covenant being renewed (4-9) shows there is a lot of duplication but also unique content in both the atlas and the study bible.

I suppose it depends on how you define substantially, clearly the study bible and atlas share a lot of maps in common and shows just how good the study bible is (but you know my preference for which atlas i would like to see added when/if you re-establish contact).

;o)

Edited by ukfraser

• 2 months later...

I have the dead tree version of this resource and it is very good. The value of the print version is that it comes with a CD with all the graphic files on the CD. It is fairly comparable to the Zondervan Atlas with the edge going to the Zondervan graphics. 

• 1 year later...

I'm going to bump this post up again. I have done extensive reviews of 15+ atlases. Some are designed for traveling, some for devotional purposes. For a class I teach surveying the lands and history of the Bible, this Crossway ESV Bible Atlas stands out as the best. I have a rather long review of 15+ atlases and geographical resources available for Accordance, BibleWorks, and Logos listed HERE.Accordance is to be commended for its inclusion of the outstanding Carta resources, but this Crossway one would be a good addition.

• Like 2

It is fairly comparable to the Zondervan Atlas with the edge going to the Zondervan graphics.

And for me, the maps in the esv study bible are adequate. While i appreciate your review mgvh, brisco’s Holman bible atlas will still be my preference if we do get an additional atlas as the maps are still the best I have seen ( with the possible exception of some Carta publications) and the images are not really important to me as Accordance has a wealth in that area.

• 7 months later...

...brisco’s Holman bible atlas will still be my preference if we do get an additional atlas as the maps are still the best I have seen...

The Holman Bible Atlas is now available for Accordance. Only $14.90 through Monday!

Crossgrade pricing from other Bible software platforms is available for only $5.50!

For more information, please see today’s blog post.

• 6 months later...

+1 for this

I love the other atlases that Accordance offers (Carta, Holman, etc.), but would love to see this one offered too. When looking for a good map to use in the classroom, 9 out of 10 times I end up using one from the ESV Atlas. I'd love to have digital access through Accordance.

9 out of 10 times I end up using one from the ESV Atlas. I'd love to have digital access through Accordance.

While you wait, get the esv study bible. That is already available in accordance and has the majority of the maps which are in the crossways atlas in it so are in digital format.

• 1 year later...

I'd like to see the ESV Bible Atlas on Accordance as well!