Helen Brown

Emerald

• Admin
  • 11,720 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:12.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 29 September 2016 - 12:20 AM

Are these substantially different from the maps at the back of the ESV Study Bible?

Helen Brown
OakTree Software

#4 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 29 September 2016 - 03:27 AM

Helen below is a quick comparison of the initial page of the index (the kindle sample includes the full list of maps).

For example, there are 12 maps in the atlas before we get to garden of eden (the first map which appear the to have the same title in both). And from the screen shot, taking a later example about covenant being renewed (4-9) shows there is a lot of duplication but also unique content in both the atlas and the study bible.

I suppose it depends on how you define substantially, clearly the study bible and atlas share a lot of maps in common and shows just how good the study bible is (but you know my preference for which atlas i would like to see added when/if you re-establish contact).

;o)

Edited by ukfraser, 29 September 2016 - 03:42 AM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#5 PhilT

PhilT

Silver

• Active Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 184 posts
  • Accordance Version:10.x

Posted 29 September 2016 - 04:41 PM

+1

#6 [email protected]

[email protected]

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:15 PM

I would like to purchase this on Accordance.

#7 Tony Lawrence

Tony Lawrence

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 479 posts
  • Interests:Hosting Bible Land Tours, Expository Preaching, My granddaughter

Posted 06 December 2016 - 01:27 PM

I have the dead tree version of this resource and it is very good. The value of the print version is that it comes with a CD with all the graphic files on the CD. It is fairly comparable to the Zondervan Atlas with the edge going to the Zondervan graphics. 

Tony Lawrence
biblelandphotos.org

#8 mgvh

mgvh

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts
  • Interests:Archaeology, Photography, Biking
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 06 February 2018 - 12:12 AM

I'm going to bump this post up again. I have done extensive reviews of 15+ atlases. Some are designed for traveling, some for devotional purposes. For a class I teach surveying the lands and history of the Bible, this Crossway ESV Bible Atlas stands out as the best. I have a rather long review of 15+ atlases and geographical resources available for Accordance, BibleWorks, and Logos listed HERE.Accordance is to be commended for its inclusion of the outstanding Carta resources, but this Crossway one would be a good addition.

• Fabian and Solly like this

#9 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 06 February 2018 - 05:01 AM

It is fairly comparable to the Zondervan Atlas with the edge going to the Zondervan graphics.

And for me, the maps in the esv study bible are adequate. While i appreciate your review mgvh, brisco’s Holman bible atlas will still be my preference if we do get an additional atlas as the maps are still the best I have seen ( with the possible exception of some Carta publications) and the images are not really important to me as Accordance has a wealth in that area.
Fraser Sims
Accordance 3x on iOS 12x on iPad pro and iPhone 8, occasionally accordance 12x on Mountain Lion on a reliable '08 mbp.
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading all aspects of a service from my iPad including liturgy, sermon and the congregational singing; HymnQuest for developing my selection of appropriate music for the service; Sibelius for preparing the music scores; Lightroom for my photo library!

#10 R. Mansfield

R. Mansfield

Mithril

• Accordance
  • 4,285 posts
  • Twitter:@thislamp
  • Interests:Biblical studies & backgrounds; Early Church writings; Eastern Orthodox theology/practice; time w/my wife, Kathy & hound, Lucy Mae; cooking w/cast iron & Tabasco; exploring in my Jeep Wrangler
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS, Android

Posted 10 September 2018 - 03:21 PM

...brisco’s Holman bible atlas will still be my preference if we do get an additional atlas as the maps are still the best I have seen...

The Holman Bible Atlas is now available for Accordance. Only $14.90 through Monday!

Crossgrade pricing from other Bible software platforms is available for only $5.50!

For more information, please see today’s blog post.

Richard Mansfield

Technology Evangelist

Accordance Bible Software

#11 mhenderson

mhenderson

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 September 2018 - 11:01 AM

Just here to bump this request. +1

#12 justinjevans

justinjevans

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 12 posts
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:59 AM

+1 for this

I love the other atlases that Accordance offers (Carta, Holman, etc.), but would love to see this one offered too. When looking for a good map to use in the classroom, 9 out of 10 times I end up using one from the ESV Atlas. I'd love to have digital access through Accordance.

#13 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,663 posts

Posted 02 April 2019 - 06:04 AM

9 out of 10 times I end up using one from the ESV Atlas. I'd love to have digital access through Accordance.

While you wait, get the esv study bible. That is already available in accordance and has the majority of the maps which are in the crossways atlas in it so are in digital format.
Fraser Sims

#14 etully

etully

• Active Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts
  • Platforms:Windows, iOS

Posted 02 April 2019 - 11:10 AM

+1

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: ESV, atlas

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users