Gordon

Gold

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 499 posts
  • Accordance Version:11.x

Posted Today, 12:18 AM

Thanks for this update!

Also, it would be nice to have the volume NOTES ON THE NEW TRANSLATION OF THE TORAH by Harry Orlinsky also published by JPS which contains a detailed account of the reasoning of committee that translated the Torah and has a much more detailed explication verse by verse with many important scholarly insights that compare the old JPS translation to this newer translation.

It would also be nice to have the OLD JPS translation on Accordance since the Commentators Bible series which you sell  often quotes from the old JPS translation!

Edited by Gordon, Today, 12:52 AM.

• ukfraser likes this

‏ כִּ֤י לֶ֣קַח ט֭וֹב נָתַ֣תִּי לָכֶ֑ם תּֽ֝וֹרָתִ֗י אַֽל־תַּעֲזֹֽבוּ׃

#2 ukfraser

ukfraser

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 562 posts
  • Accordance Version:2.x
  • Platforms:iOS

Posted Today, 03:11 AM

i wasnt sure how much of the 1917 jps tanakh was included in this or how much was changed.

https://www.accordan...etails/?pid=CJB

I think it may be public domain from one comment i found on the web site so it could be added to exchange?

http://opensiddur.or...ation-jps-1917/

Be aware that although my jpss updated to 4 on the ipad, in order to get the new additional notes, You have to go to purchases and download it afresh.

Edited by ukfraser, Today, 03:58 AM.

Fraser Sims
Accordance 2x iOS 9x, occasionally accordance 11x on Mountain Lion
Other life enhancing software I use includes: forScore with AirTurn page turner for leading the music from my iPad, HymnQuest for selecting music, Sibelius for preparing music scores, Lightroom for my photo library.

#3 Helen Brown

Helen Brown

Mithril

• Admin
  • 9,927 posts
  • Twitter:accordancebible
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, Windows, iOS

Posted Today, 04:43 AM

Yes, the CJB version of the Hebrew Bible is essentially the old JPS. The New Testament is Stern's translation.

• Dan Francis likes this
Helen Brown
OakTree Software

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users