Macbook i3 or i5 or wait?

Larry Wing

I'm considering getting a Macbook for portable general use. I won't be putting music or many photos on it but will have Accordance. Use would be email, web, Accordance when traveling or use around house. It's not my main computer but I like fast starting computers so I'm wondering if the i3 would be slower than i5.

I've heard Apple may have new Macbooks this month although that sounds like a rumor. In any even, would the i3 processor be noticeably slower than the i5 for program launch and use? Should I wait to see if the rumors are true?

I don't think I'd run into problem with either drive size.

Does any one have any experience with them?

I'd wait to see what Apple comes out with this fall (according to MacRumors.com it will be before Christmas). If you are looking for a "fast starting" laptop make sure you get one with a solid state drive (SSD) instead of the traditional spinning disc drive. I swapped out the old hard drive on a seven-year-old MacBook Pro and the boot time went from an agonizingly slow five minutes to a blissful 28 seconds!

This forum is more "Mainly MacIntosh" but Tim Cook has say that it will comes news, and after the 24th. Okt. was confirmed for new offer.

This 3 week to wait must not be a problem, if you're machine is not damaged.

Greetings 

Fabian

Thank you. I will wait. I'm not in a big rush.

Ive jumped. Basically i got a top of the spec 15" mbp cheaper than the lower spec one. I accept that the processors will be better on the next generation ones but i think the inconvenience of the usb-c will be too great compared to the current model having the convential usb ports. (I have a lot of usb peripherals and monitor adapters already).

Looking at the i3 and i5, the cost of the usb-c adaptors seems excessive, particularly if you need a couple of the multi port ones.

;o(

Edited by ukfraser