Ready for Matthew

Helen Brown

We'll be closing the office for Hurricane Matthew but maintaining our service as best we can. Praying for those in its path. Status updates will be posted here.

I hope everyone can get through this hurricane with minimal damage. Hope all of us will be offering prayers for the same.

On a slightly lighter note I thought "Ready for Matthew"  was going to be a sales page of some kind offering help to prepare for Year A of the lectionary cycle which takes it's Gospel readings primarily from Matthew.

-Dan 

The "mighty rushing wind" we are about to experience has nothing to do with the Holy Spirit or, I'm afraid, the lectionary cycle. I do figure it will encourage many people to prayer, though. I'm also hoping to see many instances of godly care and compassion for one's neighbors.

For those of you who don't know, our people and offices in Florida are located inland, not on the east coast. That will spare us the storm surge and the worst of the wind, though we are still likely to experience heavy rain, strong winds, local flooding, and power outages. As people from the east coast seek shelter inland, we are also starting to see heavy traffic, overcrowding, and supply shortages.

Fortunately, yours truly has Accordance on a laptop, two deep-cycle marine batteries, and a DC power adapter. With our camping stove and french press, a sufficient supply of breakfast bars, jerky, and ground coffee, we can survive for weeks! If cellular service holds up, I'll even be able to keep up with the forum posts. :)

• Like 2

"Inland" Florida in a hurricane is like the middle seat in a car accident. It helps, but still... be safe, folks.

• Like 2

OK, just lost power—and the storm isn't even here yet!

Fortunately, Duke Energy is already on it.

• Like 1

Most of our staff have checked in online, and they are all fine.

• Like 2

That is great news. Your staff even managed to get an ios update out! Yes, thanks Chris!

The images we have seen over here have been horrendous but poor Haiti.

Fraser

Edited by ukfraser