iOS verses in parallel

Ιακοβ

One of my biggest frustrations is not having a way to line up a verse in 5 or 6 different translations on my iPhone (plus).

Please add some sort of "parallel verse browser" so we can do cross translation comparisons.

Lately I've been trying to dig into USB vs Textus Receptus and how the different translations land... its all but impossible on my phone. (And well I hope one day these little hand held devices can approach laptop functionality even more completely... I know that they can't compete on a screen size basis, but on a feature by feature basis they can get close)

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just to expand this further, ideally, I would like to be able to—while reading a verse—do a "right click/hold/force touch" to bring up the menu, (like how you add a note), and be able to pick a "verse browser", that will show me this verse, in all of the different translaitons I have available on my phone.

This is because I usually need this feature while I am reading, and find myself thinking "what does the greek say, and how do other translations rener this".

This is quite an interesting idea. I'm know nothing about programming, but I wonder if this is the sort of thing the Research functionality on the full version could be adapted to us on the iOS - to search all texts for a verse?

• Like 1

The only downside of implimenting it that way, as what will end up using up the limited screen space. When viewing in parallel, I often specifically want to compare UBS5, GNT-TR, NASB, NIV, ESV and a few others. If we are only seeing "search results" It might be hard to cross-compare these translations. Especially I would want UBS5 and GNT-TR next to each other.