Opening resources from the toolbar

Guntis

Whenever I click on the resource icon in the toolbar, it opens in a new tab. Sometimes I wish it would open in the currently open tab as another pane. Could you add modifying key (ALT) to open resource in the same tab, just in another pane? 

Resource icon? Not all resources can be opened in a pane, only those that are indexed by reference.

Dropping stuff on the toolbar works great, if only there were a way to change the name of the item in the toolbar, so instead of "NRSV with Strong's" I can change it to whatever I want, e.g. "Bible1".

Then they could bunch up a lot better, but I would still be able to know what they were without getting a magnifying glass to peer at the icon. 

Guntis, I appreciate that different types of modules behave differently, but have you tried cmd-click.  This often gives my commentaries a tab setting when used with the info-pane. It might be worth a try.

Edited by Paul Meiklejohn

Dropping stuff on the toolbar works great, if only there were a way to change the name of the item in the toolbar, so instead of "NRSV with Strong's" I can change it to whatever I want, e.g. "Bible1".

Then they could bunch up a lot better, but I would still be able to know what they were without getting a magnifying glass to peer at the icon.

Agree. That's what I was also thinking when I added some resources to the toolbar.

Guntis, I appreciate that different types of modules behave differently, but have you tried cmd-click. This often gives my commentaries a tab setting when used with the info-pane. It might be worth a try.

Paul, most probably you are talking about clicking links in commentarie. I'm talking about clicking Bible or Commentary or User note icons in the toolbar.

Edited by Guntis

Yes Guntis, you're quite right.  I hope you find a solution.