Copy as Citation Options

Randy Cue

I think I have mention this before, but I'll request it again. I would like to see more options for "copy as citation" for tools. As it is we have a choice of SBL or Turbian. How about other choices? Also for Scriptures I would like to see an option for indenting the first line of a prose paragraph and other options such as shown below.

post-31190-0-74219400-1476905539_thumb.png

The top quote is the way Accordance copies the passage. I would like to be able to have Accordance copy it as in the second example.

• Like 1

I think I have mention this before, but I'll request it again. I would like to see more options for "copy as citation" for tools. As it is we have a choice of SBL or Turbian. How about other choices? Also for Scriptures I would like to see an option for indenting the first line of a prose paragraph and other options such as shown below.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-10-19 at 2.31.24 PM.png

The top quote is the way Accordance copies the passage. I would like to be able to have Accordance copy it as in the second example.

Besides SBL and Turabian, what other choices do you want (which are appropriate for biblical / religious studies)?

Besides SBL and Turabian, what other choices do you want (which are appropriate for biblical / religious studies)?

Both APA and Chicago Manuel style are most used at the University level.

Both APA and Chicago Manuel style are most used at the University level.

Chicago is virtually the same as Turabian.

APA is a possibility, along with Harvard. But to be honest, we've had this feature released for I think 5 years now, and the requests for these additional styles have been pretty infrequent.

Chicago is virtually the same as Turabian.

APA is a possibility, along with Harvard. But to be honest, we've had this feature released for I think 5 years now, and the requests for these additional styles have been pretty infrequent.

Ok, how about the text formatting possibilities?

Ok, how about the text formatting possibilities?

Rick, is this question not deserving of an answer?

Rick, is this question not deserving of an answer?

I only chimed in on the Bibliography aspect since I work with that portion of the feature. Joel or one of the other app developers would need to comment on your other request. I am sure that they have read it either way.

Thanks for the feedback.

As with all feature requests, we are aware of the request, but do not necessarily respond directly.  Often we wait and see how much interest there is from other users.

Rick and Joel, thank you both for your responses. These two areas are the only things that are keeping me from using Accordance exclusively.

Rick and Joel, thank you both for your responses. These two areas are the only things that are keeping me from using Accordance exclusively.

The lack of which Bibliography Citation style prohibits you from using Accordance exclusively?

The lack of which Bibliography Citation style prohibits you from using Accordance exclusively?

That's not exactly what I said. What keeps me from using Accordance exclusively is both the Bibliography Citation style and the text formatting style. I have to go through extra steps to get the formatting I like while that is not the case with another Bible software program.

Edited by Randy Cue

Since I work with the Bibliograohy portion I would like to know which style you specifically need that we don't have.

APA