Michael Hunt

• Active Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts
  • Twitter:oddsocks
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted Today, 09:06 PM

Back in September I picked up the full Feasting on the Word series when it was on special and as a consequence got the bonus of Daily Feast. Up till that time I had primarily been using the Ancient Christian Devotional on my MacBook Pro because of issues with the iOS release not supporting liturgical resources.

With 2.4 now supporting liturgical resources I have started using my iPad Air 2 more for devotionals and have found Daily Feast to be a great addition to routine. However I seem to run into one small problem that only occurs on Mondays.

Today (and other Mondays since I have been using Daily Feast on iOS) I find that when I select Daily Fest from the list of devotionals I end up time travel back to last Monday's readings. If I use the navigate buttons to view the previous and following entries I find that I end up at the right reading for the Sunday just gone and the upcoming reading for tomorrow (i.e. Tuesday)

Using today as an example I am shown the reading for Monday (Joel 2:23-32) from Daily Feast [Year C, p. 506]. Navigating back one day shows me the readings for Sunday (also Joel 2:23-32) [Year C, p. 512] and Tuesday (Habakkuk 1:1–4; 2:1–4) [Year C, p. 519].

Interestingly enough when Tuesday comes around the right reading for the day is shown, and if I navigate back to the reading for Sunday Monday it now shows the right reading for Monday (i.e. different from what it showed on the actual day of Monday).

My hunch would be that there is an algorithm issue with calculating the right date for the Monday. I also access the devotional from the GMT +10 timezone (+11 during daylight savings) if this is of any help.

Edited by Michael Hunt, Today, 09:51 PM.

Formerly known as oddsocks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users