Accordance 12 and Surface Book Screens

Dr. Nathan Parker

Without going into major details of the other new features of Accordance 12, will Accordance 12 for Windows resolve the issue with UI scaling on High DPI screens such as the Surface Book? On my Surface Book, my Accordance toolbar is TINY. I have a hard time clicking on its icons. Resolving that would be worth getting 12 alone.

Thanks!

I don't know Windows but some of my Mac programs have an option to open in low-resolution, is there anything similar for your Surface Book?

I disabled UI scaling on Accordance, ansd it didn't resolve the issue. I also bumped up the scaling overall on the OS to enlarge everything, and the toolbar is still tiny. I've talked to other developers who are having UI scaling issues on Surface Books, and I'm told developers can rectify it on their end, but it definitely takes some effort (WeatherBug is one app that is horribly tiny on High DPI screens; I can't even read the weather text). When I discussed this with my teams at WeatherBug, they said they can (and will) rectify it in a future update.

99% of the Accordance UI is OK. Zones and module UI is decent, so is text, etc. It's the toolbar that's just tiny. If Accordance can add a "larger icons" and "larger toolbar" feature to Accordance (even in 12), I'd be thrilled. That's the one area I'm having major issues with because the icons are "that" tiny.

That or I need to better learn how to use keystrokes so I could hide the toolbar. ;-)

High DPI is a major problem, as Mark's blog post noted, but this should be better in v12.

• Like 2

Great. If the toolbar issue can be resolved in 12, then I'll be thrilled. The rest of the UI is decent on my Surface Book.