Hebrew grammar

Emanuel Cardona

I am looking for something similar to MORPHOLOGY OF BIBLICAL GREEK by Mounce, but for Hebrew. Any recommendations?

Also, what good and up-to-date resource may be recommended to someone who would like to begin learning Hebrew? 

Hey Emanuel,

I'm enjoying working through the First Hebrew Primer right now.

Not a bad follow up to the Randall Buth stuff I was working with previously.

On the MBG for Hebrew front I think people have want such a thing for a while. I'm not aware of such a work. Hopefully others can suggest something because I would be interested in it also. Even just for the Pentateuch would be good.

Thx

D

• Like 1

Hey Emanuel,

I'm enjoying working through the First Hebrew Primer right now.

Not a bad follow up to the Randall Buth stuff I was working with previously.

On the MBG for Hebrew front I think people have want such a thing for a while. I'm not aware of such a work. Hopefully others can suggest something because I would be interested in it also. Even just for the Pentateuch would be good.

Thx

D

Thank you, my friend! I will look into the First Hebrew Primer. Good to know about the concerns regarding morphology for Hebrew. I didn't know.

You might also enjoy  זְמַנ לִקְרֹא    Time to Read Hebrew by Orna Ariel Lenchner, Hillary Zana and Dina Maiben. It's aimed at kids and is thus very simple and pictorial. There are two of them and I'm almost through both of them now, couple of lessons to go. All helps build familiarity with basic vocab and lettering. Not an Accordance module though.

Thx

D

• Like 1

You might also enjoy  זְמַנ לִקְרֹא    Time to Read Hebrew by Orna Ariel Lenchner, Hillary Zana and Dina Maiben. It's aimed at kids and is thus very simple and pictorial. There are two of them and I'm almost through both of them now, couple of lessons to go. All helps build familiarity with basic vocab and lettering. Not an Accordance module though.

Thx

D

Very good. I will check that out too! I myself am going to go through a new resource called The Radical Book for Kids with my children where it does have a section for teaching them the Hebrew and Greek alphabet and some latin words. It would be great to learn Hebrew with them.

I am not sure what the closest Hebrew resource to Mounce's Morphology would be. The work that came to mind is:

Blau, Joshua.
     2010     Phonology and Morphology of Biblical Hebrew. Linguistic Studies in Ancient West Semitic 2. Winona Lake: Eisenbrauns.

It is a pretty complicated subject.

A.D.
  • Like 1

I thought that title sounded familiar - on my Amazon wishlist already :)

• Like 1

I am not sure what the closest Hebrew resource to Mounce's Morphology would be. The work that came to mind is:

Blau, Joshua.

2010     Phonology and Morphology of Biblical Hebrew. Linguistic Studies in Ancient West Semitic 2. Winona Lake: Eisenbrauns.

It is a pretty complicated subject.

A.D.

Yes, I did see that while searching around, and it looks interesting.