• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 David Sanford

David Sanford

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Twitter:https://twitter.com/drsanford77
  • Interests:Leadership | Communications | Marketing | Mass Media | Social Media | Public Relations | Publishing | Consultant | Author | Speaker | Husband | Father | Friend
  • Accordance Version:11.x
  • Platforms:Windows

Posted 04 November 2016 - 02:45 PM

So, how does it feel to use Accordance 12? Watch https://vimeo.com/189265691

Dave Sanford
Director of Marketing & Communications
Accordance Bible Software | OakTree Software, Inc.

#2 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts
  • Interests:Studying MDiv. Greek. Hebrew.
  • Platforms:Mac OS X, iOS

Posted 04 November 2016 - 03:20 PM

This video ticks all of the boxes needed to make an advertisement for an apple product or application:

- electronic marimba or Glockenspiel music

- pictures of young people using the product

- professional voiceover

I especially loved the cup of coffee for the guy using the iMac, it may as well have been me on the video. :D Anyway, I am thoroughly enjoying Accordance 12, thanks you guys!

Edited by Ιακοβ, 04 November 2016 - 03:22 PM.

• Solly likes this
My top 5 feature requests:
  1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...
  5. Phrase (sympathetic) highlighting.

#3 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.
  • Accordance Version:12.x

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:24 PM

I enjoyed the video and there were several older people in there... I cannot be certain of the exact demographics of users but would bet there are plenty of younger ones. 

Dan

• Daniel Saunders likes this

#4 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:39 PM

Young or otherwise I think the guy at the 55 second mark has a nose piercing, which he removed for the filming. Radical!

• Ιακοβ likes this

#5 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts
  • Interests:Contemplative prayer, ecological stewardship, science-fiction, and cat herding are some of my interests.

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:46 PM

Very cool... my first thought was it was a pot mark of some sort but I think you are right it appears to be a pricing hole.... I am so boring I just have one earring  that when there is just a celtic trinitarian knott.

-Dan

#6 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:53 PM

Well it's not so much the young people itself, but more creating the picture of the range of people in a range of uses. Achieving the desired effect of drawing a person into imagining themselves using it—seeing how the product might work in their day to day life if they buy it. Long story short, very well made (even if personally I am so over Marimba/Glockenspiel backing tracks)

Edited by Ιακοβ, 04 November 2016 - 04:54 PM.

1. 15pt font size for reading text (bible, journal articles, commentaries, etc...)
  2. Improved searching for Journal articles. (So we can search for journal article by verse + english text)
  3. Display Journal titles in journal search results. (Imagine a google search where you saw the page text but no headings?)
  4. Improved greek text search—i.e. allow searching of all greek text the same way you would search LXX+NT, i.e. LXX+NT+ApocFathers+etc...

#7 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:56 PM

Young or otherwise I think the guy at the 55 second mark has a nose piercing, which he removed for the filming. Radical!

I have a hunch the main target audience will connect better with someone who does not have a nose piercing. :D

• Alistair likes this

#8 Alistair

Alistair

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,618 posts
  • Platforms:Mac OS X

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:03 PM

Did anyone see the clip of the person holding the iPad and opening Accordance using mind control? Didn't touch the screen once!

Jump to 01:34. :)

Edited by Alistair, 04 November 2016 - 05:04 PM.

• Ιακοβ likes this

#9 Daniel Francis

Daniel Francis

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,874 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 05:11 PM

I did run into online a CoE priest who had  tongue, ear and eyebrow piercings but that was back in 2012 today he appear to be free of them.... but I suspect that many uses would be less than happy to see much metal on their minister be it man or woman.

-Dan

Edited by Dan Francis, 04 November 2016 - 05:12 PM.

• Alistair likes this

#10 Ιακοβ

Ιακοβ

Platinum

• Active Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 04 November 2016 - 06:17 PM

Unless you belong to one of those new fancy fandangled churches rely in part on the pastor being "super hip" in an attempt to break down a perceived generational gap and any other preconceived notions that the youth of today feel that would prevent them from stepping foot in a church building :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Accordance 12, Accordance XII, video

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users