Verse navigation does not work

Martin Z

Hello,

I've been wondering for a long time, looks like the hotkey [CMD + arrow] does not work for me. 

Press To... ⌘ +  or  Go to previous or next verse or entry

Does anyone know what's the problem? 

Thanks,
Martin

Works for me in 12. Is there any chance you have another app stealing that hotkey combination ?

thx

D

Aha! You're right. I used Keyboard Maestro to override the hotkey...

Now I know why I did that. The "CMD + Arrow" used for in User notes is to navigate the already existed notes ("Note" navigation), but when I was translating the Bible verse by verse, I wanted the hotkey to bring me to the next verse, no matter if there is an existed note or not ("Add" navigation). But I could not find that one. So I used Keyboard Maestro to accomplish this in another way.

Wondering if there is any hotkey for "Add" navigation in the user notes?

Cmd-opt- and up or down arrow ?

You are here: Comprehensive Reference > Keyboards and Keyboard Shortcuts > Shortcut Keys for Workspaces, Zones, Tabs, Panes, Edit Windows, and General Navigation

Edit Window for User Tools and Notes.

thx
D

However, it is still impossible to navigate to the next verse for both user note and text with one hotkey, I still have to go with Keyboard Maestro. :P

I'd have to know more about how you have the panes set up. UNs are supposed to run in parallel with the text on a verse by verse basis. If you have a parallel pane setup like that then navigating by text verse should drag the UN notes along in parallel. If you have an edit window on the Note open then they will not be connected and I don't know of a way to tie them together in that mode.

Thx

D

Yes. I'm talking about the editing window of UN.

So far I've been able to accomplish it with Keyboard Maestro. :rolleyes: