No problem! You are a busy man.
I created a test user, and that indeed did work. That user was a normal, non-admin user.
My user is an admin user, and it's also managed, using a Microsoft Active Directory system. It is my work computer. My unix group is "US\domai" with the slash in it. It's also marked as a Mobile user in Accounts.
1) I can give my G5 iMac at home a try to see if it will work there, but I believe based on the new user test above, we've ruled out network issues.
2) I've tried many many different ways. I'm on the corporate LAN here. I've used both wired and wireless at home. I've tried a Verizon wireless network card. I've tried a hotel network, as well. No joy on any.
3) I thought I saw AccUpdater work when I first installed the Starter Pack. After I installed the Scholar's edition, it didn't work. Maybe I'll uninstall it all, and then reinstall from the CDs. (deleting all the pref files, etc).
4) No other widgets have problems.
5) The Accordance widget works just fine.
Edited by Patrick Gardella, 06 March 2008 - 05:11 PM.