Accordance crashes during module add

dlrude

When I attempt to add a module to the library Accordance will crash if the module I attempt to add is already in the lib or when I have an invalid file name in the form.

Windows 7, Accordance 11.2.4

Hi David,

This post is slight different then your questions on your support email. This sounds as if Accordance is crashing when an incorrect entry is placed in the 'add module' feature at the bottom of the library window. Is that right? It will be much faster if you contact me directly in support. Below is the answer to the email that you sent to support:

If you are going to go to the C:\ProgramData\Accordance\Modules\ Texts (or Tools) location to add modules back, then you need to open that folder and find the actual text or tool that you are adding back and then right click on it and select ‘Rename’. Then you need to add the extension .acc2 to the end of the name. After that, you can double click on it to add it back.

This does involve some extra steps, so it may be easier to just delete the folder and add it back in Easy Install as you suggested earlier.

Sorry I forgot to mention the extension earlier.

There is a module log located  at: C:\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Accordance\Accordance Preferences\Module Log

If needed, you can download 'TeamViewer' from www.teamviewer.com (it's free and fast) and send us your TeamViewer user ID and password and we can arrange a time for one of us to access your computer with a screen share to help correct this issue for you.

You can call us in support at 407-339-0266 or Skype us at: oaktreesupport. Our office hours are Monday - Friday, from 9 a.m. - 6 p.m. Eastern.

If your call goes to voicemail, then we are helping other customers and will call you back as soon as possible.

Best wishes,

Billy