Greek Construct Search

dfish@occ.edu

Hello,

I'm a fairly new Accordance user (been using Logos for 20+ years). I was messing around with the Greek Construct search a little bit.

I went to Accordance Bible Training at SWBTS in Fort Worth a little over a week ago, and Construct searches seemed to work for me there. Now I'm crashing Accordance every time I try to run this search.

I'm wanting to find neuter plural subjects with singular verbs. Here is a picture of my search:

http://davidfish.info/NeuterPlural%20SubjectSingular%20Verb.jpg

Everytime I click search, Accordance crashes. Can anyone help me? I've checked for both app updates and content updates.

Hi dfish,

Your query does not look complete. I at least cannot run it as it is ( I get an error message), though it doesn't crash for me. The AGREE needs to specify what does not agree, case, number, gender etc.

Thx

D

Edited by דָנִיאֶל

You cannot run a blank AGREE, it must define what does agree or what does not. As Daniel says, it should give an error message.

I was trying to do what you want, but I got crash when I click the "Search" button. :(

post-32138-0-03239400-1479181148_thumb.png

• 2 weeks later...

This is the construct search that I used to look for clauses that contain a neuter plural subject with a singular predicate verb.

post-33835-0-42402400-1479939495_thumb.jpg

post-33835-0-85026900-1479939560_thumb.jpg

Edited by pedcheung

• 3 months later...

Excuse me for this somewhat off/related topic...

For some reason the command "New Construct" is not under the "File" menu anymore. Dis I miss something when upgrading to 12?

Thank you

It's under File -> New Tab -> Construct or use CMD-2 or Ctrl-2 on mac or windows respectively.

It may have moved, but I cannot recall for sure.

Thx

D

Thank you, but it´s not there either...

post-33690-0-57233000-1488466943_thumb.png

Edited by fchamy

Are you using the Lite version of 12 by any chance ?

Thx

D

post-32723-0-55771700-1488467404_thumb.png

But don't look on the "Neer Tab" this should be "Neuer Tab"

With the search function "single" "Greek" "Hebrew" or "construction" should bring you to the right point

Oh I'm too late :o

Edited by Fabian

thank you... I went for the upgrade and that did it... thankfully my upgrade prize was quite conservative ;-)