Basic question about the ordering stuff in the info pane

ukfraser

Hi

I'm starting to play with XII and not really used the info pane before as I'm typically an IOS user.

AS far as I am concerned, the Jewish study bible, NIV study bible and ESV study bible are study bibles but

1) they show up as commentaries so how do I move them to study bible heading (especially when the heading isn't there)?

2) why does the study bible heading appear and disappear (I don't get it for Ecclesiastes and it wanders in and out for Isaiah) 

Thanks (I did search help and under new features there is a section on new headings in info pane but I couldn't see how to sort this.)

Still playing to see what happens.

in Genesis, the JSP Study Bible sometimes goes into the study bible category

In John,  NIV pops into Study Bible and then returns to commentary section.

:wacko:

Fraser, perhaps the info pane is experiencing a decision making quandary not unlike the choice one must make in choosing the Hershey's Almond Joy vs the Mounds bar. As the jingle goes, "Sometimes you feel like a nut, sometimes you don't / Almond Joy's got nuts / Mounds don't."

Cheers,

Joseph

More likely its already had tooooo many Hershey bars and its mind is on other things!

Edited by ukfraser

We released 12.0.1 this morning that, among many other bugs, should fix the issue of Study Bible/Commentary overlap.

• Like 2

Thanks Joel for bringing us back down with some sanity.

\

I have just updated to 12.0.1 and now JPS, NIV and ESV study bibles don't show up at all.

The annotated NT does as does the Student NIV

But I do think this feature in info pane is truly great!!!!!!!!

Edited by ukfraser

Joel, thanks for the update.  So far, so good re crashing using papers and stacks.  However, I can confirm with UKFraser that I have lost quite a few Study Bibles in the info-pane.  Thanks for all your hard work and I'm sure things will settle down soon...

Same here. Six study bibles in my library but only ever seem to see three in the info pane.

The screenshot below shows the info pane and library along with one of the study bible notes in parallel. It is one of the study bibles that doesn't appear in the info pane for the text.

post-33308-0-37351600-1479262816_thumb.png

Same here. Six study bibles in my library but only ever seem to see three in the info pane.

The screenshot below shows the info pane and library along with one of the study bible notes in parallel. It is one of the study bibles that doesn't appear in the info pane for the text.

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2016-11-16 at 1.19.00 PM.png

Have you checked, that the other 3 has an entry for the selected verse? In your case Josh. 3:9

Fabian, the way i checked (played) was to start at the beinning of a book, eg genesis, ecclesiastes or john and then scroll through the book watching resources flick in and out which is why i saw my niv one go from commentary to study bible and back to commentary in XIIand when i upgraded to 12.0.1 neither niv, esv or jps showed up at all. (But what you say is correct, always good to tripple check).

;o)

But my other question was can i move what is in there or is it fixed, im still not convinced that stern is a commentary and tend to think of it as a study bible (on a par with the jewish annotated nt). But i guess from the behaviour, this is fixed and we cant change the category to which a module is assigned.

Edited by ukfraser

Yes you are correct, the Jewish Study Bible don't show up even if they had an entry.

Also Fire Bible, and maybe others too. Accordance please check this out.

Fabian, I have infinite faith that the developers have picked up on that and already working on the 2 seconds past midday version.

;o)

But i still think that the stern's nt commentary is really only a study nt bible and certainly not a commentary so would love to be able to move things to the way i categorise them.

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

I am having the same issues with the Study Bible category in the info pane. I have only one Study Bible that shows up for passages when I have others that speak on those passages. 

Have you checked, that the other 3 has an entry for the selected verse? In your case Josh. 3:9

Hi Fabian,

Yes, this was something I checked on a number of different verses. 

My earlier screenshot shows an example of this using the Life Application Study Bible. 

Note: The content from the Life Application Study Bible is there in the middle pane for the selected verse (Josh. 3:9), but this study bible does not appear in the info pane.

I would think that if a user places a resource in the commentaries folder in their library then it would appear in the commentaries list in the info pane. If they place a resource in the study bible folder in their library then it would appear in the study bibles list in the info pane.

Neither of the 2 editions of the NIV Study Bible show up either they were showing up in commentaries in the last version...

-Dan

Hi Fabian,

Yes, this was something I checked on a number of different verses. 

My earlier screenshot shows an example of this using the Life Application Study Bible. 

Note: The content from the Life Application Study Bible is there in the middle pane for the selected verse (Josh. 3:9), but this study bible does not appear in the info pane.

I would think that if a user places a resource in the commentaries folder in their library then it would appear in the commentaries list in the info pane. If they place a resource in the study bible folder in their library then it would appear in the study bibles list in the info pane.

Thanks for your explanation.

Dan,

I know you have an extensive library, but Haven't you got the jps study bible? If not, it (and if you haven got the annotated jewish nt study bibles already) are well worth adding to your library when next on sale. They are both pretty high in my workflow and i have in both accordance and as hard copy though the esv has virtually now become my first point of call even if and when we get the noab.

;o)

Edited by ukfraser
  • Like 1

Love both the JANT and JSB, I just wish we could get an update to the second edition of the JSB... Very happy to have a paid update on this one as the JSB is 40% larger...

-Dan

Edited by Daniel Francis

So I guess the temporary fix would to be put the study bibles in the commentary section? I only have one showing on the info pane...

I discovered this when playing as never really used info pane in 11x. 12.0.2 is on its way (after conference weekend some time).

For me the fix is to have:

a tab with niv and niv study bible in.

Another tab with jps and jps study bible

and a third tab with esv and esv study bible in.

But thats my normal way of working!

Im not convinced the info pane takes any notice of how we categorise them.

;o)