ACC 12.1 will not open after update

John Fidel

I have installed Accordance 12.1 update both through the program as well as a download from the Accordance website. The appears to install, but upon opening the program the icon bounces 3 times and then nothing happens. I have open from both the dock and the application folder in Finder. I have reinstalled 12.0 without problem. I am on Sierra 10.12.1.

I have restarted the Mac, opened ACC in safe mode and removed start up session and emptied cache to no avail. I would prefer not to remove general settings. I have never had a problem with updates before.

Please advise.

Edited by John Fidel

I tried the 12.1 update on my office Mac running OS10.11.6 with the exact same issues.

I have the same issue updating to 12.1. I have reverted back to 12.0

Because of this thread, I held off updating the MBA until I tried the update on the mac Mini (which almost never gets used for Accordance – it's a back-up installation).  Went without a hitch on the mini.  I then tried the MBA.  Went without a hitch there, too.

I'm running the latest versions of everything.

Have you guys considered adding your Accordance version, OS versions, and hardware to your signature?  I think it probably streamlines the process for getting things up and running when developers (and the geeks on the forums) have that data upfront.  

I updated my profile. Since this occurred on a 2011 and 2008 MBP one running Sierra and the other El Capitan, I suspected there was something in my Accordance set up that is causing the issue. I went to the Library/Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences and deleted the file named general.apref and 12.1 opened.

I copied the file to my desktop before deleting it. Not sure why it worked, but it did for anyone that has this issue.

Now I just have the issue of several Study Bibles not showing up at all in the Info Pane.

Edited by John Fidel

John – Glad to hear you're heading in the right direction and that 12.0.1 is now opening. Tracking down software/OS issues is not a lot of fun.

Julie,

I saw a post where the ESV Study Bible and a few others are missing completely from the Info Pane with 12.1. Do you have that issue?

Let me check …

… Yep, missing the ESBSB.  And also the Apologetics SB and Ryrie (which I never use).

move some stuff around the library, closed Accordance and now it will not open. I am going back to 12.0. If anyone wants me to do anything to try and locate the bug, let me know.

John, also missing are some commentaries.  In Romans I should see Pillar 16, Pillar 14, and Pillar Romans (Leon Morris).  All I have is Pillar 16.  The rest of the applicable commentaries seem to be there.  Confirmation would be good for this, too.

John, also missing are some commentaries.  In Romans I should see Pillar 16, Pillar 14, and Pillar Romans (Leon Morris).  All I have is Pillar 16.  The rest of the applicable commentaries seem to be there.  Confirmation would be good for this, too.

Sorry, I do not have Pillar, so I cannot confirm. Thanks for your assistance Julie. I am sure this will get worked out when the team returns from San Antonio.

Julie, i just have the john pillar and that shows. I never used the info panel in 11, hardly ever used 11, so not worried and sticking with 12.0.1 as i tend to use study bibles with their text in their own tab on those very very very very infrequent times i use the full fat version.

;o)

But my multiple wbc seem to fire up ok

Missing study bibles is also recorded here

https://www.accordancebible.com/forums/topic/20065-basic-question-about-the-ordering-stuff-in-the-info-pane/

Edited by ukfraser

Yes... No ESV or Apologetics Study Bible showing in the Info Pane with Acc 12.01 on my Windows PC.

Edited by sfarson

I closed and reopened Acc 12.0.1 on the mini and MBA.  In both cases I was able to open again without problems.  

I also switched two dictionaries on the mini, closed Acc, and reopened without a problem.

I'm wondering if the not opening issue is related to the Mac OS?  The missing SBs and commentaries doesn't seem to be OS-related.

I can live with the issues for now.  It's not crippling Accordance.

I closed and reopened Acc 12.0.1 on the mini and MBA.  In both cases I was able to open again without problems.  

I also switched two dictionaries on the mini, closed Acc, and reopened without a problem.

I'm wondering if the not opening issue is related to the Mac OS?  The missing SBs and commentaries doesn't seem to be OS-related.

I can live with the glitch for now.  It's not crippling Accordance on my Macs.

Lots of data now.  I hope it's an easy fix.  Our programmers and developers are probably already exhausted, and somehow, I don't think San Antonio is going to offer many opportunities for rest!

One of my paid for ios apps was updated which totally broke it and we were left for over two years with a broken product before they got round to fix it. The app has inapp purchases and their store has been down for nearly a year with lots of disgruntled customers!!!!!

Accordance staff have not only issued a new version but also updated the web site and ios app and additional modules and actively take part on the forum and got an exhibition to prepare for. Since then they have already issued a bug fix!

Many thanks accordance for all you do. We appreciate it. I certainly wouldnt want to be without this important piece of software.

• Like 1

Yep.  Best customer service in the business.

Julie, here are a couple screenshots. You can see that several of my Study Bibles are not shows. However, the Pillar set is showing.

post-29479-0-99068700-1479324248_thumb.png

post-29479-0-84904300-1479324269_thumb.png

Tony – I did an Easy Install.  After that, the contents of my workspaces must have reloaded.  I am still missing study Bibles, but all three of the Pillar items are back.

post-330-0-55757300-1479325276_thumb.jpg

I just updated to 12.1 and the same thing happened... I can't open it at all. 

I just followed the above instructions (go to Library/Application Support/Accordance/Accordance Preferences and delete the file named general.apref) and it worked! 

Edited by David Foster

Mine worked, but only for a while until I got three bounces and then nothing. Since 12.1 is not correctly showing Study Bibles in the Info Pane anyway, I went back to 12.0. There is something in certain set ups that is causing this issue. Hopefully support can isolate and resolve it. I hope yours continues to work for you.

Edit: Tried this on a second MBP. 12.1 opened, but once I closed the program it would not re-open. Back to 12.0.

Edited by John Fidel

Mine worked, but only for a while until I got three bounces and then nothing. Since 12.1 is not correctly showing Study Bibles in the Info Pane anyway, I went back to 12.0. There is something in certain set ups that is causing this issue. Hopefully support can isolate and resolve it. I hope yours continues to work for you.

Edit: Tried this on a second MBP. 12.1 opened, but once I closed the program it would not re-open. Back to 12.0.

Do you have a tweak utility or something else on your Macs, which maybe caused this issues? Anti-Virus, MacKeeper, etc?