Accordance Crash on Dropbox Sync

Robb B

Every time I try to sync user content with Dropbox, Accordance crashes. I have restarted the app, Dropbox, the iPad, and nothing seems to work. The problem also occurs on my iPhone.

iPhone 7, iOS 10.1.1, Accordance 2.4.3 (Build 2.4.2.8236), Dropbox version 24.2.2

iPad Pro 9.7", iOS 10.1.1, Accordance 2.4.3 (Build 2.4.2.8236), Dropbox version 22.2.2

Hey Robb, 

Have you tried unlinking and relinking your Dropbox and attempting to sync again. If not, give it a try and let me know if that resolves this issue.

Chris

Yes, when I tried to sync, it told me I needed to relink the account, which I did. After it crashed I un-linked/linked the account again, and the same behavior resulted.

Ok. Is it crashing immediately after you press the sync button, or is it attempting some of the tasks before crashing?

Chris

Ok, let me see if I can reproduce this crash. I'll let you know if I need anymore information.

Thanks,

Chris

Robb,

Try turning on the Reset User content switch found in the Accordance section of the iOS Settings app. And then try Dropbox syncimg again. This should pull down the latest versions of your user content from your remote Dropbox folder.

Robb,

Try turning on the Reset User content switch found in the Accordance section of the iOS Settings app. And then try Dropbox syncimg again. This should pull down the latest versions of your user content from your remote Dropbox folder.

Hey Scott, 

We emailed back and forth and resolved this issue. This did the trick and syncing is back working for him. 

Chris

I have the same problem.  I turned on the reset user content button and it wiped out my note file on my iPad and my iPhone.  When I try to sync to Dropbox on my Mac it does nothing.  My notes are still on the computer and I would like to save them.  Any help would be appreciated.

I have the same problem.  I turned on the reset user content button and it wiped out my note file on my iPad and my iPhone.  When I try to sync to Dropbox on my Mac it does nothing.  My notes are still on the computer and I would like to save them.  Any help would be appreciated.

I would log in to your dropbox.com account and look in Dropbox > Apps > Accordance > User Notes. Then click on the trash icon to show deleted files. Hopefully, the deleted User Notes appear and you can restore it. If you are able to restore them then you should be able to dropbox sync to restore them to your iPad and iPhone.

On your Mac, check Accordance > Preferences > Syncing to make sure the User Notes item is checked. 

Mike

Mike:  I did it and right now everything is working.  Thanks for the help!

• 2 weeks later...

Same issue--figured I'd mention here, in case this is something on Accordance's end that the developers want to look into. I'll try the steps mentioned above to see if that resolves it. I get the message below, both on iPad and iPhone.

I.e., I get that message (and it's always 4 tasks remaining at 99% done) on both devices before Accordance hangs or crashes.

post-31802-0-12815500-1480956555_thumb.png

• 3 years later...

I am having a similar problem above.  My problem is only on my iPad.  I sync via dropbox but I have unsync to try to solve the issue.  The moment I try to sync with dropbox accordance crashes.  I do not get any load screen just an immediate crash.